Spider Celendar shows wrong day as default

Craig Christie created the topic: Spider Celendar shows wrong day as default

Hi everyone, I have my websites hosted in the US but my site is based on an Australian Band. The calendar shows the day as US not Australian See www.takingberlin.com and gigs.
Is there any way of changing this timezone to reflect Australian time. I have set the correct time zones in wordpress general settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Spider Celendar shows wrong day as default

Dear Craig,

We are sorry for late reply.

Please go to spider-event-calendar\front_end folder and in all files except frontend_functions.php file set date_default_timezone_set('Australia/ACT');
You can look for your desired time zone name here: php.net/manual/en/timezones.australia.php

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Craig Christie replied the topic: Spider Celendar shows wrong day as default

Thanks, am I looking to change existing timezone or add in to each page?

Craig Christie replied the topic: Spider Celendar shows wrong day as default

All good now have added the date set function and working well. :)

Dear Craig,

If you really appreciate our help please find a couple of minutes to leave a review in wordpress spider calendar reviews page. Here is the link : wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/spider-event-calendar . Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

gary replied the topic: Spider Celendar shows wrong day as default

I've been searching for a solution to this problem for hours now. The plugin is broke and should be fixed. Having the end user hard code the timezone in php is crazy! :woohoo: What happens when they update the plugin? I assume they would loose all changes.

That being said, I've implemented a better solution, one that I'm sure will get written over if I update the plugin. It should be incorporated into the plugin on your end.

In the bigcalendarday.php file add the following at top inside the <?php

// this is the native call for wp so it will get what you set the timezone in admin area
$message = get_option('timezone_string');
// set the plugin timezone
date_default_timezone_set($message);

And in almost every forum article I've read, you request the user's admin credentials!! :blink: :woohoo: :S :ohmy:
That is beyond crazy and is insane.

Dear Gary,

We guess you are an advanced user, but please note, that most of our customers are not. So a bit complex PHP implementations might not be done correctly and damage their websites. Besides, you should know that problems might be caused by conflicts with other plugins and/or the theme installed to their websites. Therefore they are unique on each website and we need to take a look at the cause of the issues to provide solutions.

As for this problem in particular, this is caused by server configurations and it is not Spider Calendar, that sets the server timezone. It simply takes the timezone, that is set on website server. So if it is not the same, as your location, the time is shown incorrectly.

But in any case, thank you for your suggestion, we will consider it when developing the next updates of the plugin.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds