General user gets a messed up Not Found page

Cynthia Lockley created the topic: General user gets a messed up Not Found page

I logged out of my website and refreshed the browser. When I returned to my website, I tried to go to the Calendar of Events. I got a messed up Not Found page. See screen capture.

If I log in to my website, the calendar page is found OK. I log back out and try the calendar page and get the Not Found messed up page. I have tried the same steps in several other browsers and get the same results--Not Found if I'm not logged in.

The Upcoming Events widget works in the sidebar whether I'm logged in or not but the main month view calendar does not work unless I am signed in. Why is this happening?
Website is blog.baeecorp.org/calendar-of-events/

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: General user gets a messed up Not Found page

Dear Cynthia,

We'll take a look at that issue.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Cynthia Lockley replied the topic: General user gets a messed up Not Found page

Thank you. I just checked to see if it was fixed yet and the month calendar at the top of the page comes up OK if I go to it not being logged on but the month calendar below it does not (very odd formatting).

However, when I click the arrow to go to the next month (May) I get the messed up Not Found page back. I guess you are still working on this problem.

Thanks.

Dear Cynthia,

Our Developers still working on your website.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Bart Hodgson replied the topic: General user gets a messed up Not Found page

Same problem reported under :404 Error Occurs for Public, not for Admin/Editors". Have supplied info, link and logon, but no response in over a month. :(

Dear Bart,

We apologize for the delay. Your e-mail must have been gone to our junk folder and deleted. Could you please resend the information and let us know that you did under this topic? That way we can easily find it.

Also please indicate the forum post link in your email subject. We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thanks for fixing the problem with the 404 Not Found page for users who are not logged in. I've been waiting for you to fix the other part of this problem for why the second calendar on the page is not working.

I finally looked at the code in my page for the calendar and figured out why the formatting was so off for the second calendar on the page. When you were fixing the plugin, you wiped out my custom theme, which was numbered 20 and you changed the calendar ID-1 to use theme number 19 but didn't change the calendar ID-2 from 20 to 19.

I recreated my custom theme 20 and updated my calendar page for calendar ID-1 to use theme 20. That brought back the formatting for the second calendar on the page but the placement for the second calendar was only correct for the month of April. When I clicked the arrow to go to May, the placement of the second calendar expanded to full width of the page and overlapped my sidebar. When I clicked the arrow to return to April, the placement was correct. May and future months were all too wide.

Because I can't add directions to my HTML for my calendar page to tell the second calendar on the page to keep the same dimensions and placement when advancing to the next month, I decided that it is not possible to have more than one calendar on a page. Your instructions said I could but it doesn't work.
I deleted the code for the second calendar (events that are to-be-determined for dates, location, and time) and turned the unscheduled events into list items.

After doing that, I discovered that the calendar at the top of the page seems to turn off left-hand justification of the margins for the rest of the page and everything was centered even though the top calendar is in its own div tags. I had to add a hidden hr / tag and a br / tag after the calendar div, and also had to add a div with float:left and clear:both around each header, list, and sentence on the rest of the page to get them to be left-justified.

In your next update, please end the center alignment after the calendar.

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for precisely describing the problems you have faced. We have listed your message as a suggestion and will consider when updating the product.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Thanks. I just looked at your demo at wpdemo.web-dorado.com/spider-calendar/ and it shows you another problem with having more than one calendar on a page.

At the bottom of the page, there is a black calendar. It has kept the same dimensions but the placement is all the way over to the right (over the sidebar) with its legend all the way over to the left. I've attached a screenshot. I also ran into this a couple of times but most of the time, the second calendar was full width of the page.

Attachments:

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for this information.
Could you please tell us what device do you use when checking the demo? Also mention your browser, please.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I use an iMac running OS X 10.9.5. That screen shot came from the Firefox browser, version 37.0.2.
Firefox is my default browser.

I decided just now to check some other browsers I have and they all look correct!
Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, iCab, and Cruz.

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for checking this. We've seen the problem with Firefox on Windows as well. We will fix the problem soon.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds