Events Not Displaying in Spider Event Calendar

Tammé Shinshuri created the topic: Events Not Displaying in Spider Event Calendar

I have setup and configures a calendar and started adding events to it, but I am unable to get the events to display in the monthly calendar. Also, the list, week, and day views do not display. I am unable to center the calendar within the content space. The calendar over hangs the bounding borders, and the theme colors do not show up as intended.

Here is a link to my website where I have a calendar inserted.
olc.oraclesoftruth.org/ecourse-calendar/

Can you help me resolve these issue?

Thanks,
Shinshuri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Events Not Displaying in Spider Event Calendar

Hello Shinshuri!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are facing with Spider Calendar!

We will surely help you resolve this issue. Could you please make sure you have categories set for your events? In case you do, then we will need to take a look at the problem from the admin of your website.

Could you please grant us temporary access? You can send the login details to [email protected]. Our development team will provide a solution as soon as possible.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Shinshuri!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has resolved the problem on your website! They have modified the following code to /spider-event-calendar/calendar.php file:

showbigcalendar('bigcalendar<?php echo $many_sp_calendar; ?>','<?php echo admin_url('admin-ajax.php')."?action=".'spiderbigcalendar_' . $default."'+xx_cal_xx+'theme_id=".$theme."'+xx_cal_xx+'calendar=".$id."'+xx_cal_xx+'select=".$select."'+xx_cal_xx+'date=".$date."'+xx_cal_xx+'months=".(($default == 'week' || $default == 'week_widget') ? $prev_month . ',' . $this_month . ',' . $next_month : '')."'+xx_cal_xx+'many_sp_calendar=".$many_sp_calendar."'+xx_cal_xx+'cur_page_url=".urlencode(current_page_url_sc())."'+xx_cal_xx+'widget=".$widget; ?>'

And also they've added the following CSS code to style.css file of your website theme:
#afterbig1 {
     display: block !important;
}

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Tammé Shinshuri replied the topic: Events Not Displaying in Spider Event Calendar

Hi Agapi:

If the changes have been implemented. I am not seeing it on the current calendar that is set up on our website. Please see the link below:

olc.oraclesoftruth.org/ecourse-calendar/

If looks the same as when I first reported the issue/problem. This issue is not resolved yet. Please help.

Thanks,
Shinshuri

Hi Shinshuri!

Kindly note, that we were getting the following notice on the page:

This content is for Instructor Account, Student Associate, Student Member, Student Non-CR and Student HSE-GED members only.

So we have created a private page to test the calendar. Could you please create a user account with sufficient permissions, so we can check the calendar on this page? You can e-mail the details to [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Shinshuri!

Our development team has found the cause of this problem. Looks like it is a bug within the plugin, so they will resolve it in the next update of Spider Calendar. It will be out on Friday at latest.

Could you please update your calendar to the new version when it comes out? Make sure to let me know in case you will need further assistance with anything else.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Tammé Shinshuri replied the topic: Events Not Displaying in Spider Event Calendar

Ok. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the plugin, but the previous issue I first reported is not back. Where all the bugs fixed? Can you please have the developers have another look?

Thanks,
Shinshuri

Greetings Shinshuri!

Thank you for checking the update! I have checked your calendar, and the events are not displaying, indeed. So I've reopened the support ticket for our development team to take a look again.

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hey Shinshuri!

Our development team has made all the necessary changes on your Spider Calendar! It is functioning properly now, could you please check it and confirm this?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Ok. I checked and the calendar displays. However, it does not span the width of the page. Can this be fixed? The previous fix the calendar spanned the page width.

Also, if there is an update to the plugin, will I always have to submit a ticket to get the plugin to function properly?

Hi Shinshuri!

Could you please add the following CSS code to the theme of your website? You can add it to the end of style.css file or custom CSS editor:

#afterbig1 {
    width: 100% !important;
}

This will take the width of the page properly. As for your question about the update, kindly note, that the updated versions usually don't contain major changes, so you can install an update once in 2-3 months. But yes, we do need to fix the problem again in case you update.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds