Navigation Only Works When Logged In

Cindy Svec created the topic: Navigation Only Works When Logged In

Hello!

I installed Spider Calendar Version 2.5.1 on WordPress 4.4.2 site. A visitor to the site (not admin) can no longer navigate the calendar. If they click on the month arrows to go forward or backward or on the Week view, etc., the page returned says "Forbidden".

If you are logged into the site as an Admin - you can see the correct pages.

See the screenshot below to help with terms (red circles). The URL is: www.rvrsidechristian.com/calendar/

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Navigation Only Works When Logged In

Dear Cindy,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue!

Could you please contact our team by e-mail ([email protected]) and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website? Our development team will check the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also make sure to mention the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Cindy Svec replied the topic: Navigation Only Works When Logged In

I found the problem. There is a conflict with the "iThemes Security" plugin we are using.

One of its features is to block "suspicious" URLs. It does this via Apache directives loaded in .htaccess. One of those filter directives looks for "http:" appearing in query strings and blocks those attempts.

The Spider Calendar navigation uses javascript calls to the WP Ajax module and includes a URL as part of the passed data. The iThemes Security plugin detects that as a suspicious request and rejects it with a 403 code.

Once I modified the filter directives to ignore "http:" in the query string the calendar navigation began working again. So... to avoid this problem with other iThemes Security users, it would be good to devise a way to obscure the page URL in the query string so it doesn't trip that filter.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Navigation Only Works When Logged In

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for sharing the solution you have implemented for Forbidden error problem on your Spider Calendar. I will ask our developer to check this out for further updates of the plugin.

Please don't hesitate to let us know in case you have further questions or support requests. We will be happy to hear from you any time.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds