How do I add a name to my calendar.

Kelly Smith created the topic: How do I add a name to my calendar.

I have added a screenshot to help describe what I am looking to do. We have several calendars that have events and meetings for people to see. When you click each one there is no way to tell what calendar you are looking at. How can I add the Title on the face of calendar to make it more identifiable?
That attached example was made using photoshop from a screenshot.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: How do I add a name to my calendar.

Dear Kelly,

Here's how you can achieve this. When you insert the calendar shortcode into their corresponding pages, add a heading text before the shortcode.

Switch the editor to Text mode and write the following:

<h3>Your text goes here</h3>

You will achieve the necessary view.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Kelly Smith replied the topic: How do I add a name to my calendar.

Thank you for the reply but what I have been doing is using the calendar as a module previously.
Check this link coanon.org/contact-wso/test

Now when I look at the page on iPad it will not scale down 100% stops on Thursday. Attached.
Calendars in use now are here -
coanon.org/arizona

All the rest are on sidebar on right side of page.

So this option should be a part of module use possibly or find a way to fix scaling in short code inserting.

Attachments:

Dear Kelly,

Here's what the problem is. Spider Calendar modules have titles, which are required and you have provided them when adding.

But displaying them is done by your template. So in case it allows displaying module titles, you should have them shown above your calendars.

In case your template does not have this feature, you can add a module with text and place it above your calendar. Hopefully this will work for you.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Still didnt answer the issue of scaling? I added screenshot above from my iPad showing scaling issue.
The rest of my site scales.....

Dear Kelly,

This issue seems to be a conflict with your website template. Please add the following CSS code to main CSS file of your template and the problem will be resolved on this calendar:

#afterbig1279583527 {
    width: auto !important;
}

Where afterbig1279583527 is your calendar block ID. For other calendars, please open developer tools of your browser, search within styles with afterbig keyword and get the corresponding ID.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I sent this email to template support - if there isnt a fix I will be requesting a refund and have to find a better solution for a calendar. Code I inserted into every CSS my template uses.

/****ARIZONA****/
#bigcalendar2007700050 {
}
/****California****/
#bigcalendar327586038 {
}
/****Colorado****/
#bigcalendar2038088069 {
}
/****Texas****/
#bigcalendar22286992 {
}
/****Sweden****/
#bigcalendar187455661 {
}
/****UK****/
#bigcalendar748036501 {
}

This is what I sent them
I have been working with my module support for Spider Calendar. It appears we have an issue with template not scaling calendars on Ipad and iphone when you rotate to wide format.
They sent me some code to enter into CSS. I have tried it in nearly all within template to make it work. Now I need your help.
I have added screenshot from home page of where you need to click to see issue. Open each with an iphone or Ipad and then rotate. Wide format doesn't scale down for a 7 day view. If you it does then try to arrow to following month...

Dear Kelly,

You can also open a support ticket by sending an e-mail to us ([email protected]). We will also take a look and try to provide a solution as soon as it is possible.

Please give us temporary Joomla Super User access to your website, and also mention the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds