Install of SliderWD plugin failed

Dyanne created the topic: Install of SliderWD plugin failed

Just d/l the free version of your SliderWD plugin. But when I uploaded the zip file to install it on WP, the install failed. ;( The demo of your plugin looks like just what I need, but I need to test it to be sure that it will work on my site. Please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Install of SliderWD plugin failed

Hi Dyanne,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Can you please write what error you get?

The most probably you get this error "The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini."

This happens when you have server set limitation of 2MB for file upload. Our theme file is a bit larger, which happens with large functionality themes.

You need to increase upload_max_filesize from php.ini file.
If you don't know how to do that, please contact your hosting provider and ask them to do that for you.

Alternatively, you can extract the zip file and manually insert your website's themes folder with FTP, then enter your themes section and activate it.

If you get other error please copy the message here.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Dyanne replied the topic: Install of SliderWD plugin failed

Thanks Zhanna, but... suffice I meanwhile opted to just go ahead and buy the full version ($20) Slider WD and had no problem installing it. BUT... unfortunately, I've discovered that there's a serious problem with the software.

The interface of the software is quite robust and very easy to understand. I've easily created two different galleries now - both a simple filmstrip slider, as well as a carousel and both work just fine in my theme. BUT...

Whenever I add a text overlay to even a few pics (in a small gallery of 6 images)... the slider goes wacko. ;(I've attached 2 screen shots of the results - the first shows the first image in the gallery but all the captions are jumbled on top of one another on that first image, and worse... after that, none of the other images display at all - just a big white space). :(

Same with the carousel option. I didn't take any screen shots, but suffice the carousel works perfectly until I add a text overlay caption or two, and then the entire carousel falls apart.

Obviously, adding simple captions is a basic need for most any slider, and I've already spent several hours testing every which way without success.

So the question is - how do I go about getting my $20 back?

Please advise.

Hi Dyanne,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Dyanne, can I ask you to give us a chance to check those issues from the back-end of your website and try to find solution for them.

The most probably your theme is overwriting our plugin styles and it displays badly.

Please send us admin credentials at [email protected] and mention this forum post URL in your email.

If we won't be able to solve your issues, we'll of course refund you.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Sorry Zhanna, but I've now tested and purchased another gallery plugin that works perfectly with my theme.

As I said, I've already spent much time trying to get the SliderWD to work, but now have deactivated it and would appreciate a full refund.

Thanks again, for trying to help. Please advise how to receive a $20 credit on my PayPal account.

Hi Dyanne,

I'm so sorry to read this.

To claim refund please write us at [email protected] and mention this forum post URL in your email.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Thanks Zhanna, yes I too regret that the slider didn't play nice with my Wordpress theme.

I just sent a request for a refund to support as per your instructions.

Thanks again, for you help.

Hi Dyanne,

We have refunded you, please check it.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds