Unable to Import Demo Sliders

Mark created the topic: Unable to Import Demo Sliders

Downloaded .zip file. After I go through the import step, my slider setup page goes blank and nothing has imported.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Unable to Import Demo Sliders

Hi Mark!

Thank you for posting about this issue!
There are a couple of things that can cause this problem. Could you please check them? Let me list them for you below.

1. Please run phpinfo(); on your website and check the value of upload_max_filesize directive. You can also check this by contacting your hosting provider. It might be small, and perhaps that is what isn't letting the .zip file to upload.

2. Open /wp-content/uploads/slider-wd directory through FTP connection, and check if there's a sub-folder titled import in there. Please create it, in case it's missing.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Mark replied the topic: Unable to Import Demo Sliders

The max. file upload size is 34meg and I added the import folder. Still no luck.

Hello Mark!

In that case could you please submit a support ticket by sending us temporary WordPress administrator access to your website? You can forward this information privately using the contact form on this page .

Also make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message. Our development team will take a look at the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Mark!

Our development team has found the cause of this problem. Turns out, that ZipArchive() function doesn't work, since ZipArchive class isn't active on your website. And this is why you are having trouble importing the demo sliders.

Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to enable it? Let me also give you a link to the corresponding section of PHP Manual:
php.net/manual/en/class.ziparchive.php

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Mark replied the topic: Unable to Import Demo Sliders

Thank you...but it is still not importing. This is what I was sent by the hosting company after telling them about the problem and having them installed the missing extension. Now what is the next move?

Hi Mark,

Are you seeing the same error as before when you try to upload this slider plugin? If you login to cPanel and then look under “PHP PEAR packages”, you’ll see that I installed the Archive_Zip extension which is defined as being a “Zip file archiving management class” which is what I assume you needed originally.

Cheers,
Mark

Hey Mark!

Thank you for forwarding this information. I have asked our development team to check the issue further. I'll let you know when they figure out the main cause where this problem is originated.

Have a good weekend!
Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Mark!

Our development team has checked again, and turned on Error Reporting on your WordPress site. They noticed some PHP errors/warnings, a few of which indicated, that ZipArchive is not activated.

They created a test slider, please try to export it. You will see the PHP error after hitting Export. If you run phpinfo(); function, you will also see, that this library is not installed.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds