Slider JS error wds_get_overall_parent

Vitaly created the topic: Slider JS error wds_get_overall_parent

I recently installed Slider WD to my WP and it works only while I have Crome Dev Tools open with Disable Cache options turned on.
If I turn on browser's cache Slider fails to load with JS error (wds_get_overall_parent is not defined)
viperet.info/skitch/01/RankPay_Official_...7-01-11_14-57-39.jpg
Page where Slider should be displayed - www.greenquiz.com/blog/ (beta / Tester).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vitaly replied the topic: Slider JS error wds_get_overall_parent

Fixed that error by replacing in file wp-content/plugins/slider-wd/frontend/views/WDSViewSlider.php at line 3117
wds_ready_<?php echo $wds; ?>();
with
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
wds_ready_<?php echo $wds; ?>();
});

With caching enabled first slide image loaded before plugin's JS files, causing an error. It is better to wait till the page is fully loaded before slider initialization.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Slider JS error wds_get_overall_parent

Hi Vitaly!

Thank you for posting about this problem and sharing the solution! I have forwarded your post to our developers, they will check and see if this is a global issue, and try to improve the script in that case.

Thanks again! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Vitaly!

Our developers checked the script, and seems like you have an older version of Slider WD plugin. This issue has been resolved in new versions a while ago.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I have version 2.1.66 and update page says it is up to date. I just downloaded the version it provided when I made the purchase.
What is the latest version of Slider WD?

-removed-

Hello Vitaly!

Firstly, we apologize for not responding you earlier. Our support forum was having technical difficulties.

The latest version of Slider WD is 2.1.67, but the issue should not be occurring in 2.1.66. There must have been a conflict with your website theme or another plugin. Would you like us to take a look at this for you?

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds