Date below slider

marijo krzic created the topic: Date below slider

Hi! I am using best magazine template. On front page, right below slider there is a date on the left side of a screen.

It doesn't show actual date - if that was it's purpose than it's not working properly. So my questions are:
- what is that date, what date is shown?
- how can I remove it?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Date below slider

Hello Marijo!

Thank you for posting your question!

Could you please add the following CSS code to Theme Options > General > Custom CSS editor?

#top-posts .date {
    display: none !important;
}

The date will be removed. Let me know if it works.
Thanks! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

marijo krzic replied the topic: Date below slider

Yes, this code removed a date.
While here, I found one more bug in this template.
Usually when a post is displayed, at the bottom of a post there are left and right arrows, leading to previous or next post in a same category. But in this template (best magazine) those arrows lead to random posts, from different categories.

Hey marijo!

I have checked on our end, but the navigation was functioning properly there. So there might be an issue on your Best Magazine theme. Could we please take a look at it as a temporary WordPress administrator of your website?

You can send the login information using the contact form on this page . Also make sure to include the link to this forum thread in your email.

Our development team will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Done. Thank you!

Thanks, Marijo, we received the details.

Dear Marijo,

Our development team is working to solve the problem on your Best Magazine theme. They are kindly requesting you to give us temporary FTP access to your website.

They need to check Javascript files of the theme, which are not accessible from WordPress admin dashboard. Could you please send the temporary credentials?
Thanks! Have a wonderful Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hey Marijo!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has resolved the problem on your Best Magazine theme. They have added Best_magazine_front_functions::post_nav(); function to single.php file of the theme, which was missing, and the pagination started working.

Could you please check your posts pagination and confirm this?
Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi!
Sorry, but problem isn't solved. I know that part of code was missing. As I said previously, I have deleted it by purpose, since it's not working correctly.
Now, support people found that that part of code is missing, they put it back, and left and right arrows are back on bottom of pages. But still not working correctly. As I understand, those arrows are supposed to lead to next or previous post inside of current category (at least that's how it works with Business World template). But with this template, those arrows lead to posts that are not in the same category as current template.

Hi Marijo!

Thank you for checking the issue, we received your email, where you brought an example of this glitch. I have asked our theme developers to take a look. I'll let you know when they get back to us.

Thanks! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Marijo!

Our developers responded and here's what it turns to be. The navigation works properly, but the posts cycle through all posts, based on their posted date. So the team has customized the theme a bit for you, so the navigation will be done inside categories.

They modified the following code in /best-magazine/inc/front/WDWT_front_functions.php file, post_nav() function:

<?php previous_post_link('%link', '<i class="fa fa-chevron-left"></i> %title',true); ?>
<?php next_post_link('%link', '%title <i class="fa fa-chevron-right"></i>',true); ?>

Could you please take a look at next/previous posts and confirm, that they are working properly now?
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,
Yes, it works fine now. I am very sorry, I used Business World template in which posts circle inside categories, so I assumed it should be same with this template too.
But anyway, now it works as I need it to work, so thank you very much, both to you and to your support team. :)
Best regards!

You are most welcome, Marijo!

We are happy to know the modification helped you achieve what you wanted. Please don't hesitate to let our team know in case you will need further assistance.

We'll gladly help you out any time!

And in case you have a few minutes, please share your thoughts and rating for Best Magazine theme on WordPress.org. We highly appreciate and value your feedback, it is a great contribution for our team!

Let me post the link:
wordpress.org/support/theme/best-magazine/reviews

Many thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds