Custom CSS doesn't work

Billy created the topic: Custom CSS doesn't work

Please explain to me why adding custom CSS to my stylesheet has no effect on the text layers? I've tried adding the styles in several ways, including the CSS tab of the slider settings. Zero effect.

I am very knowledgeable in CSS, so there's no need to tell me how to use class names or to add !important to my style declarations or to clear my browser's cache. I have read through other forum posts on this subject which go back months, and it's baffling to me that something as simple as styling a text layer should be so problematic.

The ONLY thing that works for me is to add the styles inline within the text editor window. This is VERY inconvenient as I'm sure you know, and it is not a good solution. Is there anything you can tell me that would allow me to style my slider's text layers the same way I would style any other element on my page? I apologize if I sound angry, but I am.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Custom CSS doesn't work

Hello Billy! Thank you for posting about this problem!

If you have cleared the browser cache, there shouldn't be these kind of problems, so there must be an issue in your Slider WD. Could we please take a look at it?

Please give us the link, where you have your slider published and temporary WordPress admin access to your site. Our developers will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

You can send this info privately using the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1
Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message.

Thank you! Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Billy replied the topic: Custom CSS doesn't work

Great. Thanks. I just filled out a support ticket.

Thanks a lot, Billy!

I have just assigned your ticket to our development team.
They will check and fix the issue soon, I'll keep you posted about the results.

Thank you! Enjoy the weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hey Billy!

I am happy to inform you, that our developers have figured out why the CSS code wasn't working on your slider. There's this code you have:

<div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 100%; max-width: 1235px; padding: 22px 0;" "class="slide_wrapper"><span class="slide_title" style="font-size: 29px; padding: 0 0 0 0; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px 1px 1px 2px #333;">Title For The Slideshow</span><br><span style="font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif !important; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #333;" class="slide_tagline">We conduct field-based research, including household surveys in rural villages</span></div>

Where there's an extra quotation mark in this last <span> tag, just before class="slide_wrapper" attribute:

<div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 100%; max-width: 1235px; padding: 22px 0;" "class="slide_wrapper">

It is breaking the rest of the styling. Please remove this quotation mark and the styling you provide will be saved and applied properly.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds