Can't get the slider to show in the right size

Kim created the topic: Can't get the slider to show in the right size

I have been trying all sorts of different settings and I cant seem to get the slider to show on the site in the right dimensions. Please help

Look at my page: kish.actusa.net/home-2/
(this page is not live - I am trying to work on it and get it how I want it before moving to real server). Anyway, I need the slider to fit in the white box. And keep it locked in place with the background. If you make the page full screen and then move the page up and down - the background moves but not the slider.

Can someone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Can't get the slider to show in the right size

Hello Kim! Thank you for your inquiry!

Unfortunately the link you have shared takes us to 404 error page. However, please try to set Full width option to No and mention the ratio for the slider.

Simply calculate the ratio of its container, where you need it to fit, and write that number as the option value. Let me know if this works.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Kim replied the topic: Can't get the slider to show in the right size

How do you figure out the ratios? I have tried so many different ones, they do make the slider different sizes, but the width seems to stay the same. Here is the link: I did change the name of the page, sorry. kish.actusa.net/

I have the settings right now set at: 1000x540 and the ratio is 1.85
background fit: Fill
Fixed background: no
align: left

If I make the ratio higher then the width of the slider stays the same, but the height becomes smaller. and vise versa - so I can get the height correct, but the width of the slider never seems to change.

If I change the dimensions to even 1400 width - the slider stays the same width. If I put the width in the dimensions anything less than 600 the slider will get narrower, but I cant ever get it to go any wider.

Any ideas?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Can't get the slider to show in the right size

Hi Kim!

Please note that Slider takes the size of its parent container. And currently the parent of your slider is the dive with .et_pb_text_1 class. It has 600 pixels of max-width:

.et_pb_text_1 {
    max-width: 600px;
}

If you make the width of this container larger (e.g. equal to the white area), the slider will automatically take its width.

Thank you! Have a wonderful Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kim

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds