sliders don't recognize font

Nancy Bode created the topic: sliders don't recognize font

I added a font, Proxima Nova, to the settings on my slides. I selected Proxima Nova from the drop down box in the slide text layer editors, and the element selector says that I have Proxima Nova, but it sure doesn't look like it. It looks like Times New Roman. Am I missing a step in changing fonts? Is there a generic CSS command that I need to add in order for the slides to recognize my added font? I've already added the @import command to the custom css in my child theme, and the font resides in a folder in my child theme. The rest of the site recognizes the font just fine, so what am I missing? Thanks in advance for your help. The site is www.picklestreetcreations/com/test_sandbox/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: sliders don't recognize font

Hello Nancy!

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue. Since we have temporary access from your previous support ticket, I'll ask our development team to take a look at the problem.

They will provide a solution to the issue as soon as possible.
Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Nancy!

Kindly note, that the Proxima Nova font is not included in your website theme. The rest of the website looks like that font, because the font family is also set to Arial and sans-serif. So the theme elements take these two, rather than Proxima Nova.

Please use @font-face rule to include this font to your site and then set it to slider layers. Here's a link, that will help you out to include Proxima Nova to your website theme: goo.gl/F9LlJV

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Nancy Bode replied the topic: sliders don't recognize font

I'm using TJ Custom CSS in my child theme to make all of my css changes. The first line originally was @import url("../test_sandbox/wp-content/themes/daily-child/fonts/stylesheet.css");
That didn't work so I tried @import url(" www.picklestreetcreations.com/test_sandb...fonts/stylesheet.css ");
That didn't work so I tried @import url( www.picklestreetcreations.com/test_sandb...fonts/stylesheet.css );
That didn't work so I tried @import url(../test_sandbox/wp-content/themes/daily-child/fonts/stylesheet.css);
And guess what?!? It didn't work. I have an entire stylesheet in my themes/daily-child/fonts folder that is nothing but @font-face rules. Should I just copy-paste all of the @font-faces into my TJ Custom CSS stylesheet? It's a huge stylesheet. Oh, I also tried

function load_fontstyle() {
wp_register_style('stylesheet', get_stylesheet_uri() );
wp_enqueue_style( 'stylesheet');

}

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_styles', 'load_fontstyle' );

in my child theme functions.php but that didn't help either.

Hey Nancy! Thank you for describing the issue further!

Kindly note, that you also need to upload the font files to your website. For example, when you try to open the following file:

www.picklestreetcreations.com/test_sandb...ova_thin-webfont.ttf

It simply redirects to a Not Found page. So please make sure to upload these font files to a directory titled /css under your test_sandbox:

www.picklestreetcreations.com/test_sandbox/css/

You can upload all the formats (.eof, .woff, .ttf, etc) of one font style instead of all of them. Just make sure to mention the corresponding font-family when you apply the styles to your website elements.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nancy Bode

Nancy Bode replied the topic: sliders don't recognize font

My file structure was root/test_sandbox/wp-content/themes/daily-child/css - this is the directory where I had my stylesheet for my fonts and all of the fonts. Now my file structure is root/test_sandbox/css - this is the directory where my fonts and stylesheet now reside. Nothing changed. I made sure that my @import rule looks like this: @import url(" www.picklestreetcreations.com/test_sandbox/css/stylesheet.css "); I've been using the TJ Custom CSS plugin, but I decided to try putting that statement in the child-theme style.css. Still no.

I really appreciate how patient you've been with me, and I'm really sorry that this problem keeps dragging out. :blush: I'm going to contact the person(s) who made the TJ Custom CSS plugin and see if they know what's going on, but in the meantime if you see something else I need to do please tell me. Again, I really appreciate your help.

Hi Nancy!

I am guessing the best help that you can get would be from the theme development team, rather than the TJ Custom CSS plugin.

So you can contact your theme development team and let them know about this. Let me know in case you need further help from our team.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds