Background Image Blurry Upon Upload

Sandra created the topic: Background Image Blurry Upon Upload

Hi there,

First off, this has been a great plugin! I do have the PRO version (which is pretty easy to use).

My question is in regards to adding a background image for the slider. I have it as a full width (screen, not container). Under "Edit Slide" you upload the image you want and set it as the background. The problem is, this blurs the background fairly significantly (attachment).

Screen size in use: 1920px
Image size in use: 1920px x 550px.

There should be very little cropping going on for the ratio which is correct, however the blurriness is troublesome. My current workaround is to upload the background image via the default WordPress Media Library and use the "Add image by URL" which imports the clean cut version created in Photoshop.

I've looked inside the Global settings for image quality, but did not see any. Other than my current workaround, is there a way to use that "Add/Edit Image" button without the image becoming blurry, or am I stuck using the workaround?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Background Image Blurry Upon Upload

Hello Sandra! Thank you for letting us know about this problem!

Could you please try to set Background fit option to Contain from your slider settings?

This will most probably do the trick. But please let me know in case it doesn't. We will take a further look at the issue.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Sandra replied the topic: Background Image Blurry Upon Upload

Hi Agapi,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I set the background to "Contain" in the settings, removed the original image and [uploaded] placed it back into the slide and it's the same result :(

Working in Photoshop, it's like the compression ratio is close to 50% when it gets added, but the "Add image by URL" still works great!

Attachments:

Hi Sandra!

Thank you for testing the Contain option.

In that case, could you please send an e-mail to [email protected], and forward temporary WordPress admin access to your website?

Our development team will take a look at the problem on your slider and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also please make sure to mention the URL of this forum thread in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Sandra!

I am happy to inform you, that we have figured what has been causing this issue!

Please check the attached screenshot. When you uploaded this image to Slider WD, maximum dimensions for the picture was set to 1200x1200 pixels. That is why it is blurry on your website, if you insert from Slider WD itself.

If you set these values to larger dimensions (e.g. 2000x1000), the original size of the photoshopped image will be kept and it will display properly on frontend.

Thank you! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandra

Sandra replied the topic: Background Image Blurry Upon Upload

Hi Agapi,

Thank you so much for the quick resolution! The images look great now! :woohoo:

You are most welcome, Sandra!

We are very glad the problem has been resolved on your website! Please feel free to let our team know in case you will face other questions or support requests. We'll be happy to assist!

If you've got a few minutes, could I ask you to share your thoughts and customer experience with Slider WD on WordPress.org? Your feedback is highly important for our team, it is a big contribution to our WordPress development work!

Let me provide the link to Slider WD page:
wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/slider-wd

Many thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds