CSS for text layer

Kat created the topic: CSS for text layer

Hi,

I looked at the documentation and searched the forum - would like to style the text layer for my slides.

For this set of slides, I'd like to make sure that each slide has the same size text box because the text wrapping for phrases will change the text box width and height.

I looked at the CSS files for the plug-in but I can't figure out which one will modify the text layer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: CSS for text layer

Hello Kat! Thanks for posting your request!

Please click on your text layer and open its parameters within the slides. Afterwards find Dimensions option and set the desired width (1st input) and height (2nd input).

Let me know if it works.
Thanks, have a beautiful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Kat replied the topic: CSS for text layer

Thanks!

I saw the dimension options, but it didn't seem to work.... but I tried more than a few things.
Perhaps some of my changes were "in conflict" with the theme's CSS, which happens. Will try it again.

Attachments:

Hey Kat!

There should not be any conflicts on backend, but could on frontend. Please make sure to clear your browser cache before making the changes on the site.

In case this won't help applying them, could you open a support ticket by sending an e-mail to [email protected]? Please give us temporary WordPress Administrator access.

Our development team will check the issue on your site and figure out a solution as soon as possible. Also please mention the URL of this forum thread in your message.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Roland Matula replied the topic: CSS for text layer

Hello :)

Is there any way to apply text layer effects - or set it as default - i created for one slide -> to all slides in a slideshow? Currently i modify them one by one to get the same effect.

I want to apply this style to all my text layers:

height: 100%;
word-break: normal;
display: inline-block;
position: absolute;
left: 850px;
top: 0px;
z-index: 1;
color: #030303;
font-size: 16px;
line-height: 1.25em;
font-family: Adamina;
font-weight: lighter;
padding: 10px;
background-color: rgba(235, 235, 235, 0.70);
border: 2px none #FFFFFF;
border-radius: 2px;
box-shadow: ;

R.

Hello Roland! Thank you for posting your request!

Could you please try adding your CSS styles to <span> elements in the slider? You can add the code to Slider Settings > Custom CSS.

Let me know if this works.
Thank you!

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Roland Matula replied the topic: CSS for text layer

Thank you for your response!

If i make it this way:

span {
height: 100%; word-break: normal; text-align: initial; cursor: pointer; opacity: 1; display: inline-block; position: absolute; left: 80.9524%; top: 0%; z-index: 1; color: rgb(10, 10, 10); font-family: Adamina; font-weight: lighter; border: 2px none rgb(255, 255, 255); border-radius: 2px; font-size: 11.5657px; line-height: 1.25em; padding: 7.22857px; animation-duration: 8s; background-color: rgba(235, 235, 235, 0.701961);
}

breaks my whole site - because it applies to every span element.

My closest guess was:
div#wds_slide_container_0 span {
height: 100%; word-break: normal; text-align: initial; cursor: pointer; opacity: 1; display: inline-block; position: absolute; left: 80.9524%; top: 0%; z-index: 1; color: rgb(3, 3, 3); font-family: Adamina; font-weight: lighter; border: 2px none rgb(255, 255, 255); border-radius: 2px; font-size: 11.5657px; line-height: 1.25em; padding: 7.22857px; animation-duration: 8s; background-color: rgba(235, 235, 235, 0.701961);
}

It makes the css formatting ok for all slides but shows no images.

For one slider, I used the text layer to create a box at the bottom of each slide and manually entered the dimensions, the adjusted the text box color, font color & size. Just wanted something elegant and simple.

If the CSS method works out, I'll apply it to the other slider. It would be easier to style the text via CSS.

- Each text box has a list of items which describe the image. The slide is linked to the website page.
- I was able to match the text box dimensions & color - but struggled with the CSS to style the actual text.
- Ended up using PhotoShop for the "text box" overlay because the site had to be launched quickly.

Hello Roland and Kat!

Roland, that's correct, the CSS selector should mention the container of the span element, otherwise it will apply to all spans among your website.

Could you please give the link to your slider page, where we can check why the images are not appearing now?

And Kat, CSS should work, you can use the Custom CSS box from your slider settings. If it doesn't apply, please give us the link to your slider page and mention the changes you'd like to make. Our developers will help you out.

Also, we can suggest them to have some global settings for all layers, which will make it easier for you guys to manage them. Could you please add a suggestion to our Submit your idea page regarding this?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi,

I'll submit a suggestion later today... have to head out for work now!

1. On this page, you can see the slider with the Photoshopped images:
http://nesound.com/

2. On this page, you can see the slider with the text box that I set for each slide:
http://nesound.com/for-events/

Thank you for the links, Kat!

We are terribly sorry, but we are not quite understanding the changes you need to make on your slider. Would you like to have the text layers as you got them on the photoshopped images?

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

Have a happy Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds