Full page slider option

John Donnellon created the topic: Full page slider option

Hello, excellent plugin! I purchased the premium WD Slider and was surprised that there isn't a full page slider option since it's pretty trendy right now. Anyway, I'm trying to modify the CSS to make the full width slider also a full height slider but not having any success. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John Donnellon replied the topic: Full page slider option

Sorry, I just realized that I posted in the wrong category. Should be in Wordpress WD Slider

Agapi G. replied the topic: Full page slider option

Hi John! Thank you for your kind comments about the plugin!

Please note, that you need to use the PHP function of your slider, which will give you the option to have a full-width slider. Also, you can set its width to a larger value, so it will look like a full page slider. You can copy the PHP function from the list of your sliders.

Afterwards open header.php file of your website theme and paste the function after menu code. Just make sure not to place it inside open PHP brackets, so your website code will not get cut and throw errors.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

John Donnellon replied the topic: Full page slider option

Ok that makes sense, but it still won't really be a full screen slider. It will still be a fixed height that fills most screens correct?

Hello John,

You are correct, that is what it will be, in fact.

Could I ask you do add a suggestion about the feature you are requesting? Please post it on our Submit your idea page:
web-dorado.com/support/submit-your-idea.html

We would love to develop this view in further versions of Slider WD plugin.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Laurentiu replied the topic: Full page slider option

Hello,

I also use the premium option of WD Slider and I have difficulties with the full screen option, also the responsive feature have some problems in full-width mode, on bigger resolutions the background images becomes stretched.
As a recommandation for future upgrades I suggest to add some options to position the layers (I would like to have at least center, left, right options).

Best regards,
Laurentiu

Hello Laurentiu!

Thank you for posting your requests!

Please note, that you can fix the stretching problem by setting Background fit option to Cover. Can you try this and let me know if it works?

As for your suggestion, Slider WD has drag and drop feature for layers, so you can take the layer and position it wherever you like.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds