Photogallery Carousel problem

Vincent Foring created the topic: Photogallery Carousel problem

I am trying to install a photo gallery carousel linked to instagram on the top of my page. I have inserted shortcode to install this. The problem I am having is when the images display in their 300 x 300 space, it is only a random 300 x 300 portion of the original picture. I would like the entire photo to reize down and display. or the thumbnail to carousel, either way would solve my issue.

I am doing this locally so I cannot give you a link to see

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Photogallery Carousel problem

Dear Vincent,

Unfortunately it is not possible to uncrop the images and show them in front, when a user chooses the image. However, here's what I can suggest you to do.

It is possible to select certain area as a thumbnail of your image by cropping it. You can do it by opening your gallery on backend of your WordPress site. Just click the Crop link next to your images in gallery editor.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Vincent Foring replied the topic: Photogallery Carousel problem

How come in a non-instagram carousel it shows the entire image in the carousel, not just a random 300x300 portion of the image. Maybe I am not explaining this properly but it seems no offense but kinda stupid that it would not show the entire photo and just show a random 300x300 portion of the photo, like I am getting an eye or a dogs nose as my image on the carousel.

Dear Vincent,

Could you please give the links to your page with regular gallery carousel and to Instagram gallery carousel? I will check the problem with our developers.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Vincent Foring replied the topic: Photogallery Carousel problem

gsgsr.org/2016/02/24/adopt/

Look at the carousel and let me know what you think.

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for the link! The carousel seems to look good, but there were a couple of images, which were cut from the bottom a little bit.

Could you please try to enlarge the dimensions a little bit from Photo Gallery Options > Carousel? Please try a bit larger height on the second input of Image dimensions option. Or is it essential for you to use squares?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds