Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

John Paul Latham created the topic: Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

Good Morning all,

My site is WordPress built and fully responsive with a site width set to 100%. But I want to ensure I am using the correct settings for the slider before optimising my images and text etc...I don't fully understand their function.

Could anyone advise the best ratio, background setting etc. and image sizes to use? I am using 3 images that fade in on the home page...no carousel etc...

I have included an attached item to put you in the picture.

Many thanks in advance.

JP

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

Dear John,

Please be informed, that you need to select the desired width of your slider with Dimensions option. If you select the option of non full-width, select the ratio equals to the ratio of width and height in Dimensions option.

Background options are different, if you don't want them to be cropped in any way, please select the option Contain.

Smart Crop option allows you to select which area of the image should be fully displayed, if the image is being cropped.

Fixed background sets the background to not scroll, when the page is scrolled, and Align option sets the alignment of the slider.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Laura Lanoue replied the topic: Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

Hello again. I have a client's site with a full width background slider that I need to change because the plugin isn't supported anymore. Would I be able to set up the Slider WD on her site instead and make it look the same please?

And... She also wants to add in an audio clip now. From looking at other threads in the forum... That appears to be doable.

www.alicemcblane.com/

Agapi G. replied the topic: Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

Hello Laura! Thank you for your interest in switching to Slider WD!

Unfortunately the plugin does not have full background slider display. It can have full width, but it won't be possible to place a menu and multi-functional layers on the slider.

As for the audio, Slider WD has Music option among Slider Settings > Global tab, which you can use to add an audio file to play with the slideshow.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Okay then. Thanks for your reply. I am hoping that some point in the future that you guys will add the functionality into the Slider WD so it can run in the background. I have two clients who currently have background sliders on their WordPress sites, but I cannot update the plugins because they are no longer being supported. I know that you guys have excellent support... So, I have to ask of course... Would you guys consider adding this feature to Slider WD? Or, creating a new background slider plugin??

Sona N. replied the topic: Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

Dear Laura,

You can have your idea included in Submit your idea section and if that gets enough votes, we will include it in plugin update. Thanks.

Okay Sona. I did submit it yesterday. I am hoping that you guys will do its soon! Thanks. ;-)

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Slider WD Dimension/Image Size Settings

Thank you too Laura :)

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds