responsive slider sizing

Nancy Bode created the topic: responsive slider sizing

I have a slider that I want to fit into a specific sized container. The container will be flexible and will resize itself for different screen sizes. I want the slider to fit the container but the slider height is set in the html (inline). When I inspect it (Chrome or Firebug) I see element.inline at the top of my css inspection window. If I try to change the html, the next update will delete my changes. If I change the size in the slide editor (what the plugin does) I can make the slides smaller but then they're too small for the container in lsarger screens. Is there any way to make the height of the slides responsive, so that the slider size will conform to the container size?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: responsive slider sizing

Dear Nancy,

Could you please tell us how have you placed your slider on this page? Did you do it with a shortcode, or slider PHP code?

Also please give us the link to your slider page, so we can take a look at this issue.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nancy Bode

Nancy Bode replied the topic: responsive slider sizing

This isn't the latest update (I'm working in a localhost environment) but you should be able to get a good idea of the problem at dpv.picklestreetcreations.com/

The code for inserting the slider is:

<aside id="slidewrapper">
<div class="homeslider">
<?php echo do_shortcode("[wds id='2']"); ?>
</div> <!--end homeslider -->
</aside>

I put a wrapper around the slider hoping the slider would shrink or enlarge with the wrapper. Nope! With or without the wrapper (I've tried both) nothing I've tried works.

Thanks for your help!

Support replied the topic: responsive slider sizing

Dear Nancy,

Unfortunately we could not find Slider WD on this site. However, please note, that sliders are responsive, so its width is set accordingly with its container width.

Also, its height is shrinked depending of its width, corresponding to the slider dimensions ratio given from the admin.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds