Absolute URLs for image locations

Colin created the topic: Absolute URLs for image locations

As a developer, I create all my wordpress sites on a local machine, and then upload the files and database to the on-line site. Every time I upload, I have to go into the database and change the URL of all the images in the slideshow to reflect the new URL. It would be great if the slider program just stored the relative URL, and retrieved the site information from siteurl entry in the options table.
I appreciate that this would break existing systems, but this could be got around by checking if the slide location began with http:// or not, and then getting the siteurl data if required.
This would also help people when they have moved their site from one domain to another.

Thanks
Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Absolute URLs for image locations

Dear Colin,

We really appreciate your notes, that is a very useful suggestion. We've developed the URL-related functionality based on WordPress Media settings, which also uses absolute URLs. But of course it would be way more user-friendly to have relative image URLs.

I will add your suggestion to our customer wish list for the future updates of the plugin.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Colin replied the topic: Absolute URLs for image locations

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your willingness to consider it as a future enhancement.

I notice that there is even a Wordpress plugin for getting around the problem with absolute URLs for images in posts.

wordpress.org/plugins/relative-image-urls/

Support replied the topic: Absolute URLs for image locations

Dear Colin,

Thanks for sharing this information. I'm afraid it will only apply on the post/page images. Or is it implementing to WordPress Media in general? Because if so, you can set the option Turn SliderWD Media Upload to No and add the images from WordPress Media Library, thus having relative URLs on images.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds