Thumbnail gallery crashes IOS Chrome and Safari!

Jerry created the topic: Thumbnail gallery crashes IOS Chrome and Safari!

Have implemented a couple of WebDorado plugins on site. On page goo.gl/swp0E5 it crashes Safari and Chrome on iPad and iPhone (both at current OS level), all have had cache cleared. Ok on PC/mac browser.
Troubleshooting:
I have disabled the single picture slider (meta slider), same crash
I have reduced the number of thumbnails present on display from 30 to 10, same crash.
I have reduced image sizes. I have reduced thumbnail sizes and ran programs to regen thumbnails.
It seems that no matter how many images, nor how many selected to preload, that it still crashes. Client is unhappy and i am dissapointed.

Using Avada on WP (both current)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Thumbnail gallery crashes IOS Chrome and Safari!

Dear Jerry,

We have just checked your website on iphone and the gallery was working as it should. Can you please check it again or tell us your issue more detailed ?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Jerry replied the topic: Thumbnail gallery crashes IOS Chrome and Safari!

My bad, the top slider was Meta Slider - Is now WebDorado both top and bottom; top = slideshow and bottom = thumbnails with lightbox.

have limited the number of thumbnails to dispaly.
Have limited the number of preload images to 5

Works fine on PC browsers - still crashes iphone/ipads

Our ipad are new this month, ipad air 2 and ipad mini.

Can you think of anything?

Dear Jerry,

Could you please check if the iPads have the latest versions of Safari? Also, there might be an extension you have, that is conflicting with the plugin.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Cache cleared. iOS current version on 3 devices. Cache cleared on ipads. Both Chrome and Safari crash.
List of current plugins attached. Avada Theme. Any suspects?

Attachments:

Dear Jerry,

Please try the following. Firstly, deactivate the active plugins on your website, all but Photo Gallery and test again. If the problem will not be present this way, please activate the used plugins one by one and this way you will find out which one is conflicting with Photo Gallery.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

As you suggest, i disabled ALL plugin. Since we have 2 instance of photo gallery shortcode running on same page, i also removed and ran only individual shortcodes. One is slideshow, other is thumbnail gallery.

Finding: when running only one instance-shortcode for either, it run fine. when both shortcode enabled; crash, including reboot of ipad/phone.

I think it is the number of images preloading? There are 127 images total. slideshow is one image at time, thumbnail has 30 (testing, the number of thumbs does not seem to be issue).

Dear Jerry,

It could be because of the preloading. Could you please try disabling/enabling the preloading options from Photo Gallery options > Global Options?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds