Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

Chell created the topic: Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

Hello. The Photo Gallery plugin for WordPress is excellent. I'm hoping to use it on a website for a non-profit, as it should make maintaining a good-looking and functional gallery much easier for them.

I'm trying to enable gallery management for the "editor" role. It not only does not show up in the dashboard menu for this role, but permission is denied when typing in a direct link.

I have tried two different role editors (Advanced Access Manager and User Role Editor). These are the related permission-editable items in the role editor:

NextGEN Attach Interface
NextGEN Change options
NextGEN Change style
NextGEN Edit album
NextGEN Gallery overview
NextGEN Manage gallery
NextGEN Manage others gallery
NextGEN Manage tags
NextGEN Upload images
NextGEN Use TinyMCE

Even giving access to each of those items does not change anything. It does not show in the menu, and access is denied. Is there a core permission that also needs to be changed, or a NextGen item that is not showing in the role editors?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

Dear Chell,

Please be informed, that unfortunately we are not familiar with NextGen files and cannot make a suggestion related to it. But if you need editor roles for Photo Gallery, please contact us to [email protected] and we will send you a version with those roles enabled. Please mention the version of Photo Gallery, which you're using.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Chell replied the topic: Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

Thank you for your reply. In fact, thank you for responding at all to my message - I realize, today, how silly it is. I had tried the other photo gallery plugin first, and uninstalled it, seeking a more fitting one. Some setting fields must have stayed in the database, and in all the combined website setup/holiday rush, I lumped it all in together. :oops: :oops:

I do have your plugin installed, though, and it is the one I am hoping to enable editor role permissions for. And there don't appear to be any settings specifically for the gallery that I can enable.

I will contact you at the e-mail address you provided. Thank you! As far as my initial post, you can feel free to delete it completely, if it causes confusion to other visitors.

Support replied the topic: Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

Dear Chell,

Please be informed, that we have responded to your e-mail and sent the version you need attached.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

R R replied the topic: Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

just to a text replace in all php files from
manage_options
to
publish_pages

Agapi G. replied the topic: Editor role can't edit Photo Gallery

Hey!

Thank you so much for your kind help! But let me note, that in Pro version of Photo Gallery's newer versions there is a user-friendly option, that lets you set editor access for the plugin.

The option (Roles) can be found under Photo Gallery Options > Global Options > General tab.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds