The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

kossi kpetigo replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

My way around is to go back and click "Generate Shortcode" menu on the left side and make sure it give you an incremental number different from the previous number.
Great plugin, but this bug is just a mess- I found out after i created a large number of galleries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pablo Gomez replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Karl wrote: Hi, and thanks for the info.

Please try deleting the shortcodes and reinserting them.

It is not possible. Manually not in the text editor and in the plugin "Generate Shortcode" it´s the same problem.

Have a look please, if i want to generate a shortcode i do it so .............

When i click on the button "Generate" at first it is the wrong ID [8] the correct ID is 20, and than the box above will change to the gallery with ID 8

Later i will try this gallery on another server with another WP-Installation.

What should it be for a problem with my site?

I have this same error. The ID change Automatically and my shorcode turn on error.
Please solve this problem in the next update.

Thank You!

Support replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Dear Pablo,

Please be informed, that this problem was solved a few months ago. Update your Photo Gallery to the latest version. If you have Pro and your subscription has ended, please contact us to [email protected] and give temporary admin access to your website. We will take a look and provide a solution to the issue as soon as possible.

Also indicate the full link of your forum post in the subject of your e-mail.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Unreal replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

I have version 2.2.60 and the bug is still there.

Dear user,

Please try to switch to Text Mode of your page/post editor and change the shortcode ID number. Do this a 2-3 times in different shortcodes in the same editor and update your page/post.

Let me know if this resolves the problem.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Elizabeth Maher replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

I have this problem too and it is SUPER annoying as I just spent a couple of hours generating shortcodes which are now all incorrect. I upgraded to premium recently hoping that would fix it but it didn't.

What's the current workaround for this bug and when will the developer be fixing it?

I did download the latest version. 2.2.62.

Dear Elizabeth,

Did you try the solution described in the post that's above yours? If so, please send an e-mail to info-web-dorado.com, giving temporary admin access to your website? We will check the issue and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Please mention the URL to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Elizabeth Maher replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

No it didn't work. I sent you an email as requested.

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you very much! Your request has been reviewed and replied by one of our supporters.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I have solved this, hopefully it helps others AND lets Web Dorado know what the bug actually is so it can be fixed.

Like most people with a bunch of shortcodes to generate, I was keeping one tab open with the shortcode generator page open. I'd choose the options, the gallery and so on, and click "generate". I'd copy/paste that code into the page I wanted in another tab, then go back and choose the next gallery and options and click "generate" again. This would give me a new gallery name in the shortcode but the same ID.

However, if I REFRESH the shortcode generator page, and THEN choose the gallery and options, I get the correct code with both the proper gallery name and the proper ID.

So to Web Dorado - whatever you do to change the gallery name in the short code, you need to also do increment the ID in the short code. I will work around this for now by refreshing the page each time, but I imagine people will continue to have issues with this until it's fixed.

Support - I will disable the admin access and you can mark this "solved" - albeit by me, not you :)

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

However, please note, that when you copy the shortcode, modify and update it, the ID of it doesn't change in any way. So that is why you were getting same galleries displayed.

The ID changes only when you insert a shortcode by clicking on Insert button in shortcode options. Please note, that it changes form Insert to Update if you edit the shortcode after inserting.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Yeah, I haven't been using the "insert" button on the page editor, I was using the generate shortcode page and then pasting in the code myself.

What threw me was that when I generated the code again, the gallery NAME would change but not the ID.

It's all good now.

Unreal replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Elizabeth Maher wrote: I have solved this, hopefully it helps others AND lets Web Dorado know what the bug actually is so it can be fixed.

Like most people with a bunch of shortcodes to generate, I was keeping one tab open with the shortcode generator page open. I'd choose the options, the gallery and so on, and click "generate". I'd copy/paste that code into the page I wanted in another tab, then go back and choose the next gallery and options and click "generate" again. This would give me a new gallery name in the shortcode but the same ID.

However, if I REFRESH the shortcode generator page, and THEN choose the gallery and options, I get the correct code with both the proper gallery name and the proper ID.

So to Web Dorado - whatever you do to change the gallery name in the short code, you need to also do increment the ID in the short code. I will work around this for now by refreshing the page each time, but I imagine people will continue to have issues with this until it's fixed.

Support - I will disable the admin access and you can mark this "solved" - albeit by me, not you :)

This is what I've been doing. I don't mind it, but it would be far easier if they fixed the core problem so a refresh isn't necessary.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

Lydia replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

This glitch ISN'T fixed. I just followed all your steps and wiped out and regenerated 300+ gallery shortcodes and plugged then in using the icon/interface in the post window. The first 100 plugged in fine, and then it started doing the same thing again. I now have 200+ galleries with the same gallery ID. Really unhappy. All the correct codes exist in the DB and were generated properly.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Lydia, can you please confirm that for each page and gallery you generate a new shortcode, not just copy the shortcode and chnage id?

If yes, and you did everything correctly, then please write us at [email protected], give us full admin access and we'll check the issue. Please mention where I can see the galleries where you have the issues.

Lydia, please also include this forum post URL in your email.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Lydia replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

I just emailed you.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Thanks Lydia,

We'll check and get back to you.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Time to create page: 0.721 seconds