The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Karl created the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Hi @web-dorado team,

I´ve the same bug in my free gallery and wp 4.01 like many other users how i can read here too.
The id for the shortcode is always the same, when i change the id in the texteditor i will get a blank page.
Before i buy the Pro Version i have to be sure that this bug will be solved.
Also, in the description i read that the german language pack is included.
Can you confirm this for the Pro version, because in the Free Download i can´t find this.

I look forward for an info :)

Greetings
Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Dear Karl,

Firstly, please be informed, that the ID problem is perhaps an issue on your site. Please try deleting the shortcodes and reinserting them. If the problem will still be present, please contact us to [email protected] and we will help you out.

As for the translation, please note that it is only regarding to the frontend translations, so in case you need to translate the backend of Photo Gallery, unfortunately it is not translatable yet.

But for frontend transations, please set define('WPLANG','[lang_code]') to the desired language code in wp_config.php file of your website. This way the plugin should be translated automatically.

You can modify the translations from wp-content/plugins/photo-gallery/languages/ (you will need POEdit: www.poedit.net/download.php ).

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Karl replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Hi, and thanks for the info.

Please try deleting the shortcodes and reinserting them.

It is not possible. Manually not in the text editor and in the plugin "Generate Shortcode" it´s the same problem.

Have a look please, if i want to generate a shortcode i do it so .............

When i click on the button "Generate" at first it is the wrong ID [8] the correct ID is 20, and than the box above will change to the gallery with ID 8

Later i will try this gallery on another server with another WP-Installation.

What should it be for a problem with my site?

Attachments:

Dear Karl,

Please be informed, that we will need to take a look at the code of the plugin and check what is going wrong up there. So could you please contact us to [email protected] and give us admin access to your site? Please also indicate the full link of your forum post in your email subject. We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Karl replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Thanks for your help to solve the bug with an admin access.
What happens when i now install the Pro Version?
Is the problem still fixed after the install?

Dear Karl,

The problem might reoccur, or it might not, but in case it does, please feel free to let us know, in case you face it again.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Dear Karl,

Please be informed, that we have fixed the issue. Please reinsert the shortcodes of the galleries with the same ID. Here is how you can solve it, in case the gallery keeps posting with the same ID.

1. Go to any of your posts/pages. Click on the Photo Gallery icon.
2. Insert two shortcodes with differents galleries, which will have the same ID. Edit the second one's ID with the Text mode of the page/post editor.
3. Insert the third gallery. It will have a different ID.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

joern hansen replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

I have exactly the same problem. all my galleries seem to get ID16.
But I dont understand the above instruction, What can I write in the second one´s?? another number??
and a third gallery? do I have to put 3 galleries i one page?? that is not what I want

Dear Joern,

Yes, please change the number for the shortcode ID. Please make sure you update the post each time you make a change as in the described steps. Also you will need to place them in one post or page. You can delete them after finishing those steps.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

rick replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

I spent many hours setting up these galleries only to find that the wrong gallery displays. I try and reset it and it continues to happen. Sometimes the updates button locks the window until I click the X. I believe this is a similar problem to the rest of this post.
I tried the suggestion in this post, but I still have the issue.
Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue? Please mention the full link to your forum post in your e-mail.Also please include temporary admin credentials and a link to the gallery that has mentioned issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Geoff H replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Hi Karl,
The ID in the shortcode has nothing to to with the ID of your selected gallery. The ID in the shortcode is a pointer to a record in the database that contains all of the parameters you select for that slideshow/thumbnail set. Within that record there is a pointer to the gallery ID you selected as the source of images. It's the gal_title that gives you a clue as to which gallery is being used. Confusing, yes, but that's the way it is.

So if you create several web pages and insert a shortcode in each of them, all pointing to the same image gallery, you'll see a different ID in every shortcode. However, they will all refer to the same gallery ID in their database records.

I don't understand why the Support guys haven't explained this more clearly.

Geoff

David Šmíd replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

I'm also affected by this bug.

Thanks Geoff for explaining the whole mess with IDs.

I've found out that no matter if I delete all shortcodes from my posts and pages, the old gallery instance records (i.e. which gallery to display + other parameters, "gallery shortcode" in WebDorado terminology) are still present in the database.

Normally, that would not cause problems but there also seems to be a hard limit of 10 record IDs.
As soon as I reached ID 10, shortcode generator and gallery insertion dialog refuse to generate new IDs and stick with ID 10. What's even worse, every time a "new" gallery instance record is generated via form, it redefines properties of record with ID 10.
That can introduce a neat little surprise to a different post or page.

Please fix this bug as soon as possible, it totally ruins my experience with this nice and useful plugin.
Thanks.

I forgot to mention I've tried the "insert three galleries" trick many times to no avail.

It seems I was able to workaround the problem.
I've just deleted all records in my <wp_prefix>_bwg_shortcode table, recreated all the shortcuts and now everything seems to be OK again:

delete from <wp_prefix>_bwg_shortcode;

I made a backup of the table before I've purged it, so I can provide it for debugging purposes.

Hi David, thanks for sharing your experience and what you did to resolve your problem. Interestingly, I didn't have a hard upper limit on the gallery ID - maybe this has been fixed in a newer version of the plugin (?).

My suggestion to the plugin author is that the shortcode embedded in the page should contain all of the associated parameters, and the <prefix>_bwg_shortcode table should be discarded altogether. This would eliminate all possibility of referencing the wrong gallery and the need for a table whose contents can grow without bound and contain records that may no longer be in use. The current method is not good programming. Sure, the shortcode would look a little scary given the number of parameters that can be specified, but who cares! And hey, the gallery ID would have a single, non-confusing meaning!

If you subsequently remove the shortcode or the web page, there is no garbage left lying around. Also, if you want to include the same gallery and effects on multiple pages, or move it to a different page, it would be a simple case of copying and pasting the shortcode.

Cheers.

Daren replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Is there a fix yet for this or a good solution? For some reason, every time I regenerate a shortcode, it seems to be reusing the ID "47" (which is not one of the gallery ID's). I don't have access to phpMyAdmin right now to be able to wipe out the <wp_prefix>_bwg_shortcode table, and none of the other solutions have worked. I have created about 20 photo galleries and I'm just trying to fix one and I can't seem to do it. Every time I recreate the shortcode, it screws up the original one with ID of "47".

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Daren, the ID you see in the shortcode is not the ID of the gallery to be displayed (see post #22503 above). I presume you are editing the shortcode by clicking on the camera icon that appears on the page in edit mode. Try deleting the icon and inserting a new photo gallery. This should create a new shortcode with a new ID, e.g. 48. If this is what you're doing and it doesn't work, it sounds as if you are seeing the bug reported by David in post #22744.

Geoff, thanks for the reply. Yes, I do recognize that the ID "47" is not the ID of the gallery, it's the ID of the internal record from the previous note. Unfortunately, no matter what I try, every time I regenerate the shortcode (either in the page itself by using the icon or in the "generate shortcode" in the sidebar), it seems to keep reusing "47". I believe I am seeing that bug also. Since that bug seems to be affecting both the free and paid version, and it's happening to more than one person, I'm curious if there is any type of fix or workaround that doesn't involve clearing out the database table.

Daren, I'm unaware of a workaround other than deleting records from the bwg_shortcode table.
If you can't access the database online, I guess you could backup the database, download it, edit it locally to remove the records, then upload and restore the database. I take it that your hosting provider doesn't give you phpMyAdmin access to the database, which is rather strange. This is normally available through CPanel.

Thanks again Geoff. I should have phpMyAdmin access but it's not working right now. I need to call my host to figure out why it's not working. I was hoping there might be a way without having to delete and recreate the records to solve the problem.

Dears

Please update your product to latest available version that has been released today.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Just updated and works great, thanks!

joern hansen replied the topic: The same ID for all Gallerys on different Pages

Where do I get the update???

Dear Joern,

In order to update your product please log into your account on web-dorado.com and from "My products" section download the latest version of your product. Then deactivate and delete old version of your plugin and install downloaded package.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds