Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

James H MacLachlan created the topic: Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

A tag in my Photo Gallery was deleted a while ago but Wordpress still thinks it is active. I noticed this after selecting a Photo Gallery Tag link in a widget that brought up the correct tagged images in a Lightbox. But the navigation arrows to go back and forth between the other tags shows an old deleted tag. Selecting the deleted tag comes back with message saying there are no images tagged. All the other Photo Gallery tags are working fine. There is just this deleted tag hanging around.

I checked and none of my current images use this deleted tag.

Do I have any options on correcting this or will I need to delete all my Photo Gallery based tags and start over?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

Dear James,

Do you by chance have a caching plugin on your website? If yes, could you please clear it and try again?
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

James H MacLachlan replied the topic: Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

No caching plugin is in use.

Here is the tag that keeps coming up..

www.maclachlanphotography.com/blog/?bwg_tag=green

This deleted tag does not show up on any of the "Add tag" lists within Photo Gallery.

James H MacLachlan replied the topic: Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

Made some progress. After selecting a Photo Gallery image tag, the post page with the thumbnails with those tags displayed. I then used the bottom navigation links until the old tag I have been trying to get rid of showed up. After selecting it, a post page for the old tag showed with no images. I selected "Edit this Post", then trashed it from the editor page. Once this happened, a list (named bwg_tag) of all the current and old deleted tags showed up. I deleted all the old tags and then emptied the trash.

Not really sure what the hell I did but it worked.

I seems like the list "bwg_tag" was not updated properly when a Photo Gallery tag is deleted.

Although using the bottom navigation links with tagged Photo Galleries seems to always skip one of the active tags. So something is still off. All of the tag links still work from the tag widget.

Dear James,

As you have noticed, when a tag is created in Photo Gallery it generates a custom post for it, so the post will show the related images for that tag. When the tag is being deleted, the post does not get deleted, but it is not visible to anyone except yourself, since you navigate and are able to see it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Albert Radl replied the topic: Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

I have exactly the same problem. Nice to hear that James fixed the problem himself. I tried the same way: After selecting a Photo Gallery image tag, the post page with the thumbnails with those tags displayed. I then used the bottom navigation links until the old tag I have been trying to get rid of showed up. After selecting it, a post page for the old tag showed with no images.
But now I don´t have any button such like "Edit this post" on this empty page! How do I find a way to delete the post?
Please send some help!

Thank you!

Dear Albert,

Please give us a link to that empty post.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Albert Radl replied the topic: Deleted Tag in Photo Gallery Won't Die

radl-animation.com/bwg_tag/angela/
radl-animation.com/bwg_tag/politics/
and others - tags, which I have deleted once from the photo gallery tag list

Dear Albert,

Could you please contact us to [email protected] and let us to take a look at the issue? Please mention the full link to your forum post in your e-mail.We'll send you customized version.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds