Light box settings should be more visable

Dominic Loiacono created the topic: Light box settings should be more visable

I just created over 100 galeries using the same options for a shortcode, using the blog style, the on click options was do nothing. all my galleries have comments twitter google plus and facebook icons showing under each image. I don't mind facebook and twitter, but don't want the comments and google plus. after all was done i realized to disable these icons, i had to click "open lightbox" adjust the settings there then click "do nothing". this was not very intuitive.

on a side note/ feature request:

1. it would be nice to have an additional icon saying open lightbox/ full image. (the comments icon does that but i need to disable that one)
  2. Is there any way to add image description under the image in blog view, I can do it by modifying the template ( i asked in another forum post about template overrides.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Light box settings should be more visable

Hello Dominic!

Thank you for posting your questions!
Let me answer to your inquiries one by one below.

Firstly, regarding the usability of buttons in Blog Style view, we will change this soon and release an update of the plugin. It won't be necessary to enable lightbox in order to remove the icons after that version.

Secondly, thanks for the suggestion to provide an icon for opening the lightbox. Could you please add it to our Submit your idea page? We'd love to implement this in the future.

And lastly, you can add image caption to your Blog Style gallery by switching on Enable image description for Image Browser view option in Photo Gallery Options > Shortcode Defaults > Image Options tab.

Make sure to reinsert the shortcodes of your galleries, since this setting affects on galleries which are published afterwards.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds