lightbox doesnt work?

camilo olea created the topic: lightbox doesnt work?

Hi, I searched in the documentation but found no info about this.

I have tried every combination in the gallery configuration and it looks like it's just not recognizing/enabling the lightbox.

Example:

www.connexcaribe.com/destinations/cancun/

If you click on any thumbnail at the bottom, it will open the full file, no lightbox. Even though I configured the gallery to use lightbox...

Could you help? I can send you site access if needed.

EDIT:

Just found out that its working, but intermittently. Sometimes when I click it displays the lightbox with controls, and sometimes it displays the file without lightbox. What could be causing this? I just upgraded the plugin to the latest version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: lightbox doesnt work?

Hello Camilo!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience Photo Gallery has caused you.

There's a Javascript error on the page, so most probably the problem is caused by a conflict with your website theme. Could you please give us temporary WordPress administrator access? You can send the login information to us through this form.

Please indicate the URL of this forum topic in your message. Our development team will check the issue and provide a solution as soon as possible.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Camilo!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has fixed the issue on your Photo Gallery lightbox! The theme of your website is throwing errors, which are the root cause of this problem.

Our developers have applied a workaround in Photo Gallery, but they recommend you to check these errors with the theme developers, since they can cause further problems with other applications.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

camilo olea replied the topic: lightbox doesnt work?

Thanks!

One last favor - could you tell me which errors? So I can report it to the theme developers... thanks :)

Hey Camilo!

Sure, when you click on an image from the gallery to open the lightbox, the following error appears:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (modules.min.js?ver=4.7.3:1)
at HTMLAnchorElement.dispatch (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)
at HTMLAnchorElement.r.handle (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:3)

It indicates /themes/voyagewp/assets/js/modules.min.js?ver=4.7.3 file. You will see this if you open developer tools of your website and click to open an image lightbox.

Thank you! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

thanks guys! one last request:

-seems like only the following pages open correctly the lightbox. All other destination pages just dont open the lightbox.

Try it:

www.connexcaribe.com/destinations/acapulco/ - works

www.connexcaribe.com/destinations/cancun/ - works

www.connexcaribe.com/destinations/mexico-city/ - thumbnails dont open lightbox when clicked. all gallery configuration is just the same as the above items.

could you take a look? thanks!

Hey Camilo!

I have sent this link to our development team. They will find out why the gallery lightbox is not working, and provide a solution. By the way, did you check the errors with the developers of your website theme?

Thanks! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Camilo!

Please note, that the best solution would be if you could ask the development team of your website theme to resolve the errors. Our developers have tried to edit the theme files to implement a solution, but it simply stopped functioning.

Could you contact them and ask them to check?

You can update Photo Gallery to its latest version afterwards and use it without any conflicts.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi, I see the site is unavailable now. Could your team please undo the modifications to the files they were making? I hope they kept a backup or something? this is URGENT, site was live

We brought the site back up. please don't touch anything, thanks :)

Hey Camilo!

That's wonderful to know! Did the theme developers solve these errors? Please let me know in case you need further assistance with Photo Gallery plugin. I am always happy to help!

Thanks! Have a great start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds