Slideshow thumbnails blury and unable to set horizontal size

Sue Santos created the topic: Slideshow thumbnails blury and unable to set horizontal size

I am trying to adjust the size of the thumbnails in the slideshow filmstrip. The only adjustment is for height. I want the thumbnails to be square, 70x70. But there appears to be no setting for the width of the thumbnails in the filmstrip. Also the thumbnail images are really blurry. Unacceptable.

I would also like an option to make the main slideshow go full screen. My client is used to SlideShowPro and wants a similar look and functionality.

lindamews.com/wordpress/gallery

Also, is there any way to stack the description below the title? If I set both to the top position they overlap.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Slideshow thumbnails blury and unable to set horizontal size

Hello Sue!

Thank you for posting your questions!

Regarding the filmstrip thumbnail size, please note, that if you set Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions proportionally (e.g. 140x140), then you set Filmstrip Size to 70px, they will appear as squares.

Make sure to change Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions from Photo Gallery Options > Shortcode Defaults > Thumbnails tab.

Unfortunately Photo Gallery Slideshow does not have the option to open full screen. As for the description, could you please enable it and let me know? We will take a look and provide a quick CSS solution.

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Sue Santos replied the topic: Slideshow thumbnails blury and unable to set horizontal size

Thanks, that solved the dimension problem. I hadn't gone into the shortcode section since I wasn't adding galleries that way.

So, now I'd would like to know if there is a way to make the thumbnails look better. The quality is poor. lindamews.com/wordpress/

I do have the descriptions enabled. I set them to the bottom. The client needs this soon and I have it set up for her approval so it's not a good idea to have them overlapped at this time overnight. I tried some CSS solutions before I wrote to you but they didn't look good. Adding padding to the top of the description just made a bigger box that overlapped with text at the bottom. I don't remember if I tried anything with margins. What are the ids/classes to target?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Slideshow thumbnails blury and unable to set horizontal size

Hello Sue!

We are glad the thumbnail dimensions are now set as you wished to have them. As for their quality, please go to Photo Gallery Options > Global Options > Thumbnails, set larger values for Generated thumbnail dimensions and click Recreate.

Also, you can move the title a little higher by adding bottom margin to it. Here's the necessary CSS code, please add it to style.css file or custom CSS editor of your website theme:

.bwg_slideshow_title_text_0 {
    margin-bottom: 50px;
}

Thanks! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Sue Santos replied the topic: Slideshow thumbnails blury and unable to set horizontal size

Thanks, the thumbnail adjustment worked great. I set it to 300px. (for 70px thumbnail image).

The CSS suggestion did not work, even when I added !important. However, this did:

.bwg_slideshow_description_text_0{
margin-top: 2.6em !important;
}

This styles the description instead. Adding !important was key. Using pixels didn't work as well responsively as ems for some reason.

Hello Sue!

That's wonderful! We are very glad the thumbnails and description alignment has been sorted out on your website.
Please let me know in case there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds