Changed permalinks after update

Michal created the topic: Changed permalinks after update

Hi there,
all the years using the plugin I keep the box "Images directory" in the Global options empty. Because I need to have as shortest permalinks of images as possible, for example: mydomain.com/photos/animals/lion01.jpg
Now I am updating from the version 2.2.97 to 2.3.30 and there are some changes made. It forces me to keep something (defaultly: wp-content/uploads) in this box. So the url is now: mydomain.com/wp-content/uploads/photos/animals/lion01.jpg
When I rewrite or remove it and save, then wp-content/uploads skips back after the saving process. No chance to keep it empty like before and all my images have changed permalinks and not shown on the pages.
I have to immediately go back to the old version, because this is very bad. All the permalinks comming on my site from social networks and internet are not working now as well.
Please, how to fix it or how to customise the code to be able keep the box "Images directory" empty like on previous versions?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Changed permalinks after update

Hello Michal!

Thank you for posting about this!

We might be able to customize the new version of Photo Gallery on your website, change the permalink structure for you. Could you please give us temporary WordPress administrator and FTP access to your site? I'll ask our development team to implement the changes ASAP.

Please forward this information using the contact form on this page . Don't forget to mention the link to this forum topic in your message.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds