Issues with thumbnails

MRG created the topic: Issues with thumbnails

setup.thechurchtz.com/photo-gallery/

I've tried unsuccessfully to change the thumbnail settings to portrait as opposed to landscape. Also, several of the thumbnails are blurry. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Issues with thumbnails

Greetings!

Thank you for posting about this!

You can change the thumbnail size by changing values of Generated Thumbnail Dimensions and Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions options. If you wish to have them in portrait orientation, set the height larger than width.

Generated Thumbnail Dimensions defines the physical size of thumbnail images, while Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions is its display size. So it is important to keep frontend dimensions smaller than generated dimensions.

These two settings can be found under Options > Thumbnail Options. After making these changes you need to go to your gallery backend, select all images and click Recreate thumbnails. This is done to have a nice resolution for thumbs.

Then edit your gallery page and make sure Image thumbnail dimensions is set to the desired size here as well.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

MRG replied the topic: Issues with thumbnails

There's actually not an option for Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions on the options page I have. I've attached a screenshot. Thank you.

Attachments:

Agapi G. replied the topic: Issues with thumbnails

Hey!

You must have the newest version of Photo Gallery, where these settings are changed. Please edit the value of Frontend Thumbnail Dimensions option from Photo Gallery Options > Shortcode Defaults > Thumbnail Options tab.

You can modify this also when you edit your gallery shortcode. Let me know if this works.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds