Looking to create a simple filmstrip slider

Laura Lanoue created the topic: Looking to create a simple filmstrip slider

Hello there. I am trying to create a simple looking filmstrip on this page with no lightbox. I am having trouble figuring out how to get all the thumbnails to scroll from right to left on the following page and in one row.

http://silverkeyproductions.com/wordpress/

I was able to figure out how to add in the links though.

I would like to get it looking and working like the filmstrip slider does on following demo site please:

https://www.cssigniter.com/demo2/?theme=kontrol

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Looking to create a simple filmstrip slider

Hi Laura! Thank you for posting your request!

Could you please check the screenshot I attached to this post? Please note, that the parent container of the post entry is not large enough to contain all the images in one row. This is the container with the following class:

class="post-body twelve columns alpha"

Looks like there are a couple of more containers like this one, they all have fixed widths of 700 pixels. This is controlled by your website theme, so please contact its developers and let them to take a look.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Laura Lanoue replied the topic: Looking to create a simple filmstrip slider

I understand what you are saying... but, I am fine with the width as it is...They aren't even scrolling! My client just want them to scroll, but instead the two drop down to a second line. My client wants the filmstrip look, like the light box has... but with no larger image on top... Just the thumbnails to link to the actual videos... Like an old fashion Java applet slider would behave... Can we do that please?

Or... Is there another plugin that you guys have that would work better??

The client just wants the thumbnails to scroll from right to left and each thumbnail should link to the individual page, which will have that video embedded in it. She would also like to "have a roll-over indicator to communicate the title of each video if possible."

Could I customize the WordPress Slider WD to get this look or another plugin please?

Hey Laura!

Perhaps you can use Carousel view of Photo Gallery to achieve this. Here's how you need to set up.

1. Firstly go to Photo Gallery Options, navigate to Carousel tab and set Carousel image ratio option to 1.
2. Afterwards edit your gallery shortcode from this page, select Carousel view.
3. Set Carousel dimensions e.g. to 180x150 and Max. number of carousel images to 5 from this shortcode options.

Insert the shortcode and update the page. Let me know if this view is what you need to have.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I can try that... But, these are actually video clips that link from Vimeo. Is there no plugin for displaying thumbnails of video clips as a filmstrip slider??

Hello Laura!

That's correct, Carousel in Photo Gallery doesn't support links on thumbnails, but Slider WD carousel does. Could you please try to set your filmstrip up with it?

You will need to enable Carousel function from Settings > Carousel first. Afterwards set Number of images for carousel to e.g. 4, and Carousel image ratio to 1.

Let me know if this works for you.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Okay, thank you. I will purchase it and try it out if you think it will allow me to get the 'filmstrip look' that I am going for... But, will I be able to have control of the size of the front and center thumbnail?? I don't think my client wants it to be too large.

Also, I would be nice to have a top and bottom border that gives a since of an 'old style strip of film that is pulled off the reel' look. Do you think that would be possible?

Attachments:

If there are no other options... the Photo Gallery Carousel might work if I can make each thumbnail clickable so they link to individual pages that have the videos embedded in them. My client also wants the titles to show on hover if possible. I would just need to create thumbnail images for each video... And the purple boarder definitely would have to go... but, there is no sense on spending time on that if we can't set an individual link for each thumbnail. Thanks again for the help!

http://silverkeyproductions.com/wordpress/home/

Hello Laura!

You will be able to get rid of the purple border, it generally won't apply to the carousel images, if you create the filmstrip with Slider WD. And you will be able to set a link to slides (you can test that here ).

But unfortunately it is not possible to wrap the images with the old style filmstrip. The plugin does not provide this functionality.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks for your reply Agapi. Are you telling me that we cannot get the links to work for each individual thumbnail with the Photo Gallery? I just need to know the options so I can present them to my client.

If I purchase the Slider WD... Where can it test it? Also, will I be able to add a top and bottom border to the slider or not please??

Hello again... I have created three thumbnails that I think I should somehow be able to make work to get the filmstrip look for the slider. I just want the thumbnails to link to different pages on the same site... the pages that have the videos embedded in them. Is that possible with the Slider WD please? My client doesn't want any other features added... Just a simple scrolling slider like the old style java applets that link to other pages. Can I do that with this plugin that I just purchased please???

Attachments:

Hello Laura!

As I mentioned, you will be able to place link on each filmstrip slide with Slider WD. You will need to use Carousel slider with the following settings:

Settings > Carousel: Enabled
Number of images for carousel: 4
Carousel image ratio: 1

You can see a link with carousel slider here (note, that the settings are different, so it doesn't look like a filmstrip there):
wpdemo.web-dorado.com/wordpress-slider-wd-carusel/

So as a conclusion, placing links on Photo Gallery Carousel images isn't available, but it is available in Slider WD. You can test its full functionality on our admin demo site: goo.gl/ouVjGI

And lastly, unfortunately it won't be possible to place borders as you have mentioned with screenshots neither in Photo Gallery, nor in Slider WD.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Okay then. I have met with the client and reviewed the options. We do like the Slider WD carousel functionality, but there are a few issues we need to get resolved that I am hoping you can help us with please:

http://silverkeyproductions.com/wordpress/slider-wd/

• - Can you please tell me how to reduce the spacing between the thumbnails?
  • - Can we move the 4 headed arrows to enlarge the videos to layer over the bottom right corner of the thumbnails or just below them??
  • - Can we make the video clip popup windows bigger please, like maybe 600px wide so users can see more detail???

Hi Laura!

For issues #1 and #2, looks like there is something wrong with carousel styling. Fullscreen buttons should not be appearing next to images. That's Vimeo player button, actually.

Also, the carousel container seems to be oddly large in width. Could you please submit a support ticket so we can take a look at this? Please send temporary WordPress administrator access using the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1

Make sure to include the URL of this forum topic as well.

As for the issue #3, unfortunately the popup is not available in the plugin, but here's what you can do. You can add images as slides and place the links of Vimeo videos using Link the slide to option under each slide.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.740 seconds