How to reduce the image size for Image Browser?

Michal created the topic: How to reduce the image size for Image Browser?

Hi there,
I use a few of Image Browsers of PhotoGallery on my home page . They should just to draw attention to the category of images and force to click on the relevant page for more. Each gallery contains only 3 random images for illustration.
Unfortunately all those images are uploaded in their maximum size, which means about 8MB for the home page. I don't mind if each image is slowly uploaded when the lightbox is opened after the click. But a default full size uploading although they are not opened in the lightbox dramatically slows down the uploading of the page.
Is there any way, how to reduce not opened images? (Same for the widget)
You can see, that other images on that page are very reduced and the full size is loaded only when the theme-lightbox is opened. Would be great for PhotoGallery as well.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: How to reduce the image size for Image Browser?

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your inquiry.

In photo gallery we have Preload images option, this means that the plugin is not trying to open all the images at once, first it opens the selected number of images and meanwhile user navigates through those images opens the other ones. This may also be a good option for you.

To enable it please enter Photo Gallery > Options > General > Preload Images > Yes.

After hitting Yes, there will be opened a new field which asks you to define the number of preload images.

Drop me a line for any further inquiries.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Michal replied the topic: How to reduce the image size for Image Browser?

Hi Zhanna,

Thank you. I have tried to swap YES(15pics) and NO for few times and repeted the tests via online testers like e.g. this one: gtmetrix.com/
and the report says that Page Load Time is sometimes same, sometimes better, sometimes worse (probably depends on traffic)
but the Total Page Size is still same 16MB (Serve scaled images always take 8,5MB)

So, no difference when the option "Preload Images" is YES or NO.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: How to reduce the image size for Image Browser?

Dear Michael,

Can you please try to reduce the number of preloaded images to 7-8 photos instead of 15?

Please test again and write me back.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Michal replied the topic: How to reduce the image size for Image Browser?

Hi Zhanna,

as I said, have tried NO / YES (1, 3, 7, 15 images) and no difference - Total Page Size is always 16MB.

Hi Michal,

Can you please give us full admin access for checking from our side?

Please send the credentials to [email protected] and mention this forum post URL in the subject line of your message.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds