Custom CSS not working on all albums

Susan Young created the topic: Custom CSS not working on all albums

I have added custom css to change the look of my album view in my gallery at brigade.org.c11.previewyoursite.com/photos/ . This is strange - the 2012 album is displaying correctly, but the others on the page are not. How would I apply the custom CSS to all albums?

Thanks
Sue

also - I am trying to remove the fine white line around the albums but even though using firebug the css I used should work the line remains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Susan Young replied the topic: Custom CSS not working on all albums

Anyone? Please I need to get this site up and running and this is a real stumbling block for me - as well as the other two questions I posted. Please can you give me some insight on working with the CSS for Photo Gallery?

Sue

Figured it out but really not completely happy with the solution. Turns out each of the albums has a different name for the css so every album needs to have separate listings in the css. For example the first album thumbnail is #bwg_container1_0 #bwg_container2_0 .bwg_album_extended_thumb_div_0 {
, the second album thumbnail is #bwg_container1_1 #bwg_container2_1 .bwg_album_extended_thumb_div_1 { etc. So my css now has seven entries for the thumbnails and seven for the titles. If someone knows how to combine these into one so that future additions to the gallery will not need these css entries.

Sue

Agapi G. replied the topic: Custom CSS not working on all albums

Dear Susan,

I apologize for my late response, I was discussing your requirement with our developers.

Your CSS code should also work, but as you noticed, its is not a very good solution. So here's what you can do instead, since you have Pro version installed.

Please edit the theme your are using on your albums and navigate to Extended Album tab. Find the option Separator style and set it to None.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

It appears I can change the settings I need on that page but I can't do anything there. Nothing works at all. I cannot change any of the setting for any of the areas. The page is totally locked and I did try in it 2 different browsers, Safari on Mac and FireFox on Windows. (FYI this site has the free version, not the pro, I have the pro on another site)

Sue

EDIT: Realized the area was locked because I am using the free version so I tried uploading the pro version and could not figure out how to make the setting match the look I got through the custom CSS. I could find no way to make the borders transparent nor to add the dropshadow as it is on the site. (And the pro version seems to really slow down the gallery.) Your comment on the separator setting was the only thing that I could get to work in the pro version. At this point, unless you can tell me how to do the setting to match the look I have, I will have to stick with the free version and remember to update the CSS every time anything is added.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Custom CSS not working on all albums

Dear Susan,

I have tested your gallery page with a site speed tester tool, which resulted, that the page loads in 10 seconds. That's pretty long, but I'm not sure if this is coming from Photo Gallery.

Could you please submit a support ticket by e-mailing us to [email protected], so our developers can take a look at this? Kindly grant us temporary WordPress admin access to your website.

We will check the speed and also the themes, and provide a solution as soon as possible. Also please make sure to include the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds