Photo gallery - Amazon S3 integration

phil created the topic: Photo gallery - Amazon S3 integration

Hi!

I want to move my Wordpress site to the Amazon cloud. As I am heavily using Photo Gallery, I am looking for options how the images would be uploaded to S3 and also fetched from there. Is there some plugin, that could support me in this case?

Any support on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Photo gallery - Amazon S3 integration

Dear Phil,

There are two ways to move your Photo Gallery plugin content. One would be to manually export and import Photo Gallery database tables and also all files in /wp-content/plugins/photo-gallery/ directory.

And the second way would be using Export/Import add-on of Photo Gallery, which does the above mentioned with a few clicks. It works with Pro version of Photo Gallery, let me send you its overview link:

web-dorado.com/products/wordpress-photo-...s/export-import.html

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

phil replied the topic: Photo gallery - Amazon S3 integration

Hi Agapi,

thanks for your answer! I understand that the export/import plugin is helpful, when moving the gallery from one server to another, when the file-system layout of the gallery does not change.
I am however, interested how I could move the images from PhotoGallery from the file-system of the local-disc to Amazon S3 aws.amazon.com/s3/ , which is a scalable blob-store. File access would be over HTTP, example: s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/hochzeit.c...16/03/01-100x100.jpg . If the server, hosting Wordpress is somewhere else, ony the URLs to the images would need to be changed, right? Is there also a plugin for this? Or is custom development required?

Thanks
Phil

Dear Phil,

Firstly let me inform you, that Photo Gallery images are kept under /wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery directory, rather than website database.

But the database holds galleries, albums, themes and other data.

Therefore, in order to copy the images from your current site to Amazon cloud server, you need to copy /wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery to the same directory of your Amazon server WordPress sites.

After you transfer database tables as well, you might need to Reset the image thumbnails on your Amazon server website, but most probably this will not be necessary. Resetting can be done from your gallery backend.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi!

I understand your answer, thanks. My intension however is, not to store the images on the local disc any more, but in Amazon S3, or in the Content Distribution Network Amazon CloudFront. This would give me better scaling options.

So it would be good if you can give me a hint, how it could be achieved, that images were not accesses at: /wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery but rather from another URL.

Thx
Phil

Dear Phil,

I understood your request now, you need to keep your images on Amazon Cloud server, but your website is going to be hosted on another hosting. Am I correct?

Please let me know if this is what you are requesting for.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Andreas replied the topic: Photo gallery - Amazon S3 integration

Dear Agapi, I believe I have almost the same problem as phil. My hosting service for wordpress has a lot of great features but very limited web space. Therefore I would like to host the large images externally (e. g. at Amazon or another cloud service like dropbox, ...). Is there a way to do so?

Many thanks in advance for the great plugin!

Andreas

Dear Andreas and Phil,

I spoke to our developers regarding your questions about cloud server support. Unfortunately the functionality is not yet available.

However, this is a very good and important feature for our users, therefore we have plans to develop it in the future.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

thanks for clarifying this request with the developers. The cloud-integration as you and Andreas have described is exactly what I would be looking for. Please let me know, once this feature is released.
Until then I will try to mount Amazon S3 with the Plugin github.com/danilop/yas3fs mybe this does the trick for the time being.

All the best,
Phil

Dear Phil,

I will make sure to keep you posted as soon as the development of cloud hosted images will be finished, and the version will be released.

Hopefully it will be done soon.
And thank you for sharing the plugin GitHub link with us!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Heather Newall replied the topic: Photo gallery - Amazon S3 integration

Could I get an update on this? Still planned to be implemented? Also where on earth do you guys keep your changelogs? (so I can keep an eye our for it)

Hello Heather! Thanks for your questions!

Firstly, we apologize for not responding you earlier. Our support forum was having technical difficulties.

The feature is not available yet, unfortunately. It will be in the plugin eventually, but we are not certain when. As for the changelog of Photo Gallery, you can find it within the following link:
wordpress.org/plugins/photo-gallery/changelog/

Let us know in case you have other questions.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds