Update procedure

Peter Janssens created the topic: Update procedure

Hello. Just a simple question.

Your update instructions say that we should deactivate and delete the old plugin in order to update the version.

How can we delete the old plugin if / when we have no file system access. (I do not have file system access because my Wordpress is fully hosted).

Does the plugin warn me against inadvertent deletion of my data?

Cheers, Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Update procedure

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inquiry.

To delete the plugin you simply need to enter Plugins' section of your WP dashboard, then deactivate Photo Gallery and delete it.

Upon clicking delete button, a message appears which prevents you to delete the plugin until you'll confirm.

I have made a screenshot of that message.

After deleting the plugin, galleries will disappear from your website but if you reinstall the plugin data will be recovered.

Please only DO NOT UNINSTASLL the plugin in this case we don't have any way to recover your data.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!
Attachments:

Peter Janssens replied the topic: Update procedure

Allright. Got it now. I was confused because n my mind that option was also called uninstall. I just checked and it says 'delete'. I also got courageous and clicked uninstall from within the plugin. There I received ample warnings about losing my database and I could cancel the destructive uninstall..

So now I feel safe for any future update procedures. ;)

спасибо, Жанна.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Update procedure

Always happy to assist you Peter :)

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds