Re-Generate Shortcode???

Laura Lanoue created the topic: Re-Generate Shortcode???

Hi... I am using your Photo Gallery for a client. I love the options that it offers. But, can you tell me if there is any way to access a previously generated shortcode and make edits to the Photo Gallery settings. I find that it is difficult to remember sometimes which settings I have used for a client's photo gallery. I sometime want to just go back in a make a small tweak like change the title's font color or add more a white margin to the photos.

http://www.alicemcblane.com/meet-boo-boo/

Also, is there any way to save a customized theme? That way I could create additional photo galleries with all the same settings without having to remember what those settings actually are. Thanks in advance for you help again. You guys have great support!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Re-Generate Shortcode???

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your kind words about our support service!

Here's what you can do to duplicate shortcode settings. Unfortunately the only place, where it is saved is actually the popup, that appears when you click the small camera shortcode.

So you can edit the page in a new tab, where the original shortcode is, click the camera icon (make sure Visual mode of the editor is active) and check the settings you have set, assigning them to your new shortcode.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Laura Lanoue replied the topic: Re-Generate Shortcode???

Well... That really helps me out and saves me time. Thanks for all your advice on how to get the most of this program.

Once more questions please... With the 'Masonry Album...' How can I get the titles to show up over the photos on hover? I see lots of options for text, but no option to turn the titles on or off.

http://www.kuehn.photography/portfolio/

Attachments:

Dear Laura,

Unfortunately Masonry view does not provide this functionality, however, Mosaic view does. Vertical Mosaic is very similar to Vertical Masonry, could you please try it out?

And you will see the option to check in order to enable image titles on hover in the attached screenshot. Please let me know if you have questions.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Hi... I am not seeing that option for my Album. This portfolio page needs to have one photo from each of the galleries... And, I don't see an option to add one gallery into another gallery. I there a way to nest the galleries Please?

Dear Laura,

Here's what you need to do to achieve this in albums. Please go to Photo Gallery Options > Album Options and set Album view type to Mosaic (check the attached screenshot). Also make sure to check Show on hover for Show title option, then reinsert your album shortcode.

As for your second question, unfortunately Photo Gallery does not have the feature to nest galleries inside galleries, but you can nest albums inside albums, in which you will have your galleries.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

I followed your suggestion, but it didn't make any difference at all. I still cannot even see 'Mosaic' as an option for Albums. It still only allows me to select the following: Compact Album, Masonry Album or Extended Album.

However, I did find the 'Show Album/Gallery Name' in the Album Options, which does apparently make the gallery titles show up. Is there some CSS code that you could point me to so I can change the font family, color and positioning?

Dear Laura,

It is actually not Mosaic Album, mentioned separately, but Mosaic view in Compact or Extended album views. Could you please check this link? It is an animated screenshot I made for you:
goo.gl/s0L9Tb

As for your question, you can change the title font and position from Photo Gallery Themes, simply select the album view you are using and check title options on third column.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello... I have the slider images in a Gallery, not an Album, and I don't see any settings to change the font. Also, I have tried changing the font family and color in the CSS, but it is being ignored.

In addition, I have implemented a slider with the Web Dorado PhotoGallery on the home page now, as opposed to using the theme's slider. I have the settings set to 'Auto Play,' but it isn't playing automatically. And, it loads lower on the page first for a moment and then shifts upwards. Thanks for the help. :huh:

Dear Laura,

I'm sorry, looks like we are looking at different gallery pages. I have checked here and the album is Masonry: www.kuehn.photography/portfolio/

Am I looking at the correct place? If not, please give a screenshot of the area we should look at.

As for the homepage gallery, looks like it is now an Image Browser gallery, which does not have autoplay option. Could you please use Slideshow view instead?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I am sorry for the confusion. I have 3 websites using the Photo Gallery Plugin so far... And I really appreciate your patients. Pretty soon I will be able to moderate this forum too I think... LOL!!!

It is the photographer's site that we are looking at here in this thread. I have changed the home page to the 'Slide Show - Theme 2' and it is looking really good now. I didn't like the way the theme's slider was implemented because I was too hard to remember how to edit the photos.

http://www.kuehn.photography/portfolio/

So... Please take a look at the Kuehn portfolio page above and tell me how I can change the font family and color of both the image titles and the gallery title 'Professional Photography Portfolio.' I am in need of doing some minor style changes to the Postma gallery as well, but I think that once you help me with this one... I will have the answers for that one too. We are down to a couple small style tweaks now. Other then that... I think I am all set for a while. Thanks again.

Actually, I have been successful at editing the 'bwg-frontend.css' file for the Postma site. I am not sure why my changes aren't showing up on the Kuehn site. Any ideas?? I have the styles as I want them pasted below.

#bwg_container1_0 #bwg_container2_0 .bwg_back_0 {
    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    color: rgba(34, 21, 66, .65) !important;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration: none;
    padding: 0;
}
#bwg_container1_0 #bwg_container2_0 .gallery_name_in_album_view_0 {
	position: absolute;
	left: 10px;
	top: 2px;
	background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
	color: #ffffff;
	font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 18px;
	font-weight: bold;
	text-shadow: 2px 2px 3px #221542;
	cursor: pointer;
	z-index: 99999;
}

You can see in the screencaps below that I can find the styles that need to be changed... But it doesn't stick for some reason like on the other site.

Before I edited the styles:

After I edit the styles in the Inspect Element window:

Attachments:

Dear Laura,

Please use the theme options to make these changes, and looks like you have cache enabled on your website, that is why you are not seeing the new settings.

In case the caching is done through a plugin, please clear it from your website admin. On the other hand, the caching might be done from your web hosting, please contact your provider and ask them to temporarily disable it.

You can ask them to turn back on after your galleries are up and running.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello again. I was just updating the Photo Gallery plugin on this site to the latest version. When checking it after the update, I noticed that I am having the same issue again with the album title displaying in a serif font... but, ONLY on my Mac devices though. I am pretty sure that I corrected this before, but it is possible that it slipped past me with the OS. Is it possible that my font change was erased when I updated the plugin? It has been a while since I worked on this site. Or... Maybe the issue is because the 'segoe ui' font that is being used for the titles is a Microsoft font? What do you think?? Please send me more detailed instructions as to how I can fix this. I also need to adjust the color on it as well.

Also, I need to correct the font display for galleries title as well (i.e. family, color and position on hover) because it does not look very professional. Thanks again for the help.

Attachments:

Hello Laura!

Thank you for posting your questions!

Most probably Segoe UI is not supported on your computer. Firstly please try to change the text to a different font using the following options. Edit the theme you are using on your gallery, navigate to the view of the gallery (Masonry Album, in this case). These are the settings for Album titles:

Title font size
Title font color
Title font family
Title font weight

Font size
Font color
Font family
Font weight

Also, you can use the following settings for the titles of individual galleries, rather than the ones in albums:

Title font size
Title font color
Title font family
Title font weight
Title box shadow

Please let us know in case this doesn't work. We will take a further look at the issue.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.924 seconds