There is no theme selected or theme was deleted

Bruce created the topic: There is no theme selected or theme was deleted

I've installed Photo Gallery on my Wordpress site, created a gallery, uploaded photos, and published it. However, when I add the gallery to the body of a post (utilizing the camera icon) and then preview it, I see the following error message in my post: There is no theme selected or the theme was deleted.

When I edit the post and click the camera icon, the Select Theme dropdown is grayed out. I'm assuming this non-selection is what's causing the issue? I went into Photo Gallery > Themes and it says I have to upgrade in order to utilize themes... I know it's a free version but I would assume it should be able to perform this basic task without upgrading.

What am I missing? Any advice on what I should do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: There is no theme selected or theme was deleted

Dear Bruce,

Be default Theme 1 is selected, even if Lite version of Photo Gallery is installed. So it should be performing normally despite that fact.

So could you open a support ticket by e-mailing us at [email protected]? Please give us temporary admin access to your website. Our developers will take a look at the problem and come up with a solution as soon as they can.

Also please make sure to have this forum topic link mentioned in your e-mail.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ramon

Ramon replied the topic: There is no theme selected or theme was deleted

Hello, after months of normal run i have the same problem.
In gallery edit i cant select because its free version, but i dont see Theme 1 as default but Select theme.

Is here any solution for this?

Dear Ramon,

Unfortunately Bruce did not contact us with this problem, so we did not take a look at the problem. Could you please let us check it from your WordPress admin?

Please send login credentials to [email protected], mentioning the URL to this forum topic in your e-mail. We'll provide a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Bruce replied the topic: There is no theme selected or theme was deleted

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the plug in and it worked fine after that!

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for sharing the solution! It seems like uninstalling and reinstalling, or even deactivating and reactivating the plugin does resolve the problem, indeed.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

minnow replied the topic: There is no theme selected or theme was deleted

I am also experiencing this problem. If I delete the plugin, wont I loose all my data and seo info? I tried deactivating and reactivating, but that didnt work.
I'll email you with my details. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Minnow!

In case you have galleries created on your Photo Gallery, please don't uninstall the plugin. Instead please give us temporary WordPress administrator access to your website, and we'll take a look. You can send the login info privately using this contact form .

Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message. We'll provide a solution to the issue as soon as possible.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi! thank you for your speedy response. I sent you an email (support@) yesterday with some logins to the site. Please let me know if you need me to resend anything.

Hey!

We received your support ticket, and I just sent you a follow-up email. Our developers are currently taking a look at the issue. I'll let you know as soon as they finish working on your website.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Alex!

I am happy to inform you, that the problem has been resolved on your Photo Gallery plugin. Could you please take a look? Let me know in case there's anything else we can assist you with.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: minnow

Fantastic! Thank you for resolving this so quickly. Can I ask what you did (in case we encounter this again)

Many thanks!

Hi Alex!

You are most welcome! We simply deactivated and activated Photo Gallery and the problem was resolved. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds