spam comments on pictures

christy created the topic: spam comments on pictures

Spam comments are being submitted on pictures I am displaying within a lightbox. Is there a way to disable the ability to submit comments on a picture? Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: spam comments on pictures

Dear Christy,

Please make sure to add Captcha to your Photo Gallery comments. Go to Photo Gallery Options > Lightbox and set Enable Captcha for comments to Yes. This will resolve the issue.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

christy replied the topic: spam comments on pictures

I am using the free version. Is the only protection against spam comments in the Pro version?

Dear Christy,

That's strange, the Lite version does not support lightbox comments in general. But could you please give the link to your gallery, so we can have a closer look at the issue and get a better understanding?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

The link that is being referenced in the comment is loneoakbarn.com/bwg_gallery/tim-kyle-photography/

The link on the website is loneoakbarn.com/additional-photos/ and go to Styled Shoot->Tim Kyle Photography

Hope this is what you needed.

Thanks.

Dear Christy,

Are you mentioning to the part of the page, which is mentioned in the screenshot I have attached? If yes, then please note, that it comes from your website theme.

You can either disable discussions or contact your theme developers and ask them to take a look at the issue.

But if this is not what you are mentioning to, please give a screenshot of what we need to look at.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

It appears the spam comments are being submitted at the bottom of the page because I do see the comment form you provided in the attachment. However, this page was created by your plugin and not the theme or by me. I am not able to get to any options that allow me to disable comments because page was not created by me. Please see attachment.

Dear Christy,

Could you please open a support ticket by e-mailing us at [email protected]? Our developers will check this problem from the admin and figure out a solution a.s.a.p.

Please send temporary login information to your site, and also mention the URL to this forum topic in your e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dear Christy,

I am happy to let you know, that our developers have figured out a way to resolve this issue! We actually have an option on Photo Gallery, Show/hide comments for custom post types. It was set to No, so the comments were displaying despite the fact, that they were removed.

We have set it to Yes and disabled comments on the page.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds