Duplicate Field Names Not Allowed

Joline Keefe created the topic: Duplicate Field Names Not Allowed

Hello...just purchased this today and love it. Issue I seem to have is I am building an employment application with it for a client. There is an area on the application that wants the visitor to list their last 3 jobs. To do this, I have to make 3 sections that will have the same name, such as "Employer" and "Worked From" and "Worked To", etc etc. When I finish the first employer area, no problems. When I went to the second area and tried to make the same fields such as "Employer" and so on, it won't allow me to save a new field on the same form that is called "Employer" or any other field name I have previously used (duplicate fields not allowed)

IS there a way around this? I have thought of calling each field Employer 1 and then Employer 2 but I would then have to add Employer 2 (or whatever number) to EVERY field under that employer section. Sure the client won't like this...haha. That would make things look like this:

Employer 2 Company Name
Employer 2 Address
Employer 2 Position
Employer 2 Date Worked From

Ideally, I want 3 sections just like that BUT not have to list "Employer 2" in front of each section field since I will have 3 "Company Name" fields, 3 "Address" fields and so on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Duplicate Field Names Not Allowed

Dear Joline,

Press on backspace when you have already entered your text. You should add more space when creating each next field with the same name.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joline Keefe

Joline Keefe replied the topic: Duplicate Field Names Not Allowed

Worked perfectly! Thanks!!!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds