Why does NOT Form Maker send form information by email?

Mark Sanguinetti created the topic: Why does NOT Form Maker send form information by email?

Form Maker is not sending emails after clicking SUBMIT. In contrast, the simpler Joomla default Send Email does work and sends an email. Here is the address to the Form Maker page on my new site.
www.realestateinvestmentca.com/index.php/property-type-form

The site is new with pages and Components to be added. But why doesn't the Form Maker component send an email, while the default Joomla send email does send an email?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Why does NOT Form Maker send form information by email?

Dear Mark,

Thanks for getting to us!

Firstly please make sure the email is not filtered to spam or junk folder of your email account. You can also try one of the following workarounds:

1. Try using another email address for From Email and Email to Send Submissions To options.
2. Perhaps your hosting does not have Sendmail enabled, which is required for mailing functions to work. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to check this.
3. Alternatively, you can use SMTP, which will most probably resolve the problem.

Please go to Global Configurations > Server and set Mailer to SMTP from Mail Settings section. Setting an external SMTP server, such as GMail should work. However GMail requires authentication. Please find the necessary details for SMTP setup below.

Mailer: smtp
SMTP Authentication: yes
SMTP Security: SSL
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Username: your gmail full address
SMTP Password: your gmail password
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com

Let us know if this helps.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Mark Sanguinetti replied the topic: Why does NOT Form Maker send form information by email?

Using Joomla Administrator, For Form Options below is what I have currently. Do you see any needed changes or additions?

General Options:
Published: Yes
Save data(to database): Yes
Theme: Theme 01 black
Preview Edit CSS
Required fields mark: *
Front end submissions access level
Allow User to see submissions: Experimented with Submit button with following users allowed.
Registered
Author
Editor
Publisher
Manager
Administrator
Super Users

Email Options
Send E-mail: Yes
Email to Administrator
Email to Send Submissions to: [email protected]
Email From: E-mail (Selected)
From Name: Mark Sanguinetti
Reply to: (if different from "Email From"): E-mail (Selected)
CC: (No Text Inside)
BCC: (No Text Inside)
Subject: 1031 Exchange Property Search
Mode: HTML Text (Green and chosen)
Attach File: Yes (Green and chosen)

Email to User
Send to: E-mail (checked)
Email From: [email protected]
From Name: Mark Sanguinetti
Reply to: (if different from "Email Form") (Nothing in text field)
CC: (Nothing in text field)
BCC: (Nothing in text field)
Subject: 1031 Exchange Property Search
Mode: HTML Text (Green and chosen)
Attach File: Yes (Green and chosen)

Actions after Submission
Action type: Article (Chosen from drop down menu)
Article Select an Article
Remove article (Text added after selected Article from drop down menu)

Payment Options
Turn PayPal on: Off (Selected with Red)
Checkout Mode: Test Mode (Selected from drop down)
PayPal Email: (Nothing in text field)
Payment Currency: $ · U.S. Dollar (Selected from drop down)
Tax: 0 %

JavaScript
(No JavaScript added)

Conditional Fields
(Did not Add Condition)

MySQL Mapping
(Did not add a Query)

Anoush replied the topic: Why does NOT Form Maker send form information by email?

Hi Mark,

In that case, could you please submit a support ticket using this form? Our development team will have a look at these issues and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Also please mention the link to this forum thread in your message.
Cheers!

Mark Sanguinetti replied the topic: Why does NOT Form Maker send form information by email?

What is a Support Ticket? What is done when submitting a Support Ticket? I have experimented with this form (Form Maker) that I have on my new web site by simply filling in required fields and clicking the Submit button. There has been no response.

Also please read my above post which shows the current form options as I have them now. Do you see any changes that need to be made?

Dear Mark,

By submitting the support ticket you contact our support team. Through this form. please send us temporary WordPress administrator access to your website? Our development team will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Also please mention the link to this forum topic in your message.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds