Improve the look of the form button

sam created the topic: Improve the look of the form button

I had a really nice looking button with another plugin, it had radius, nice colours, nice fonts that actually showed on the web page, I tried several with CFM and when I looked on the live page nothing changed so I assume these fonts are not part of normal browser fonts, (but then what would be the point of adding them to your options?) etc. So I took the custom css from the "other" plugin and placed it in the custom css box in theme 1 and it made no difference. I even added a class name .rm for the button when editing the form and used this code

#this_form .rm_button {border-radius: 9px; padding: 10px 22px; font-family: Open Sans; font-size: 30px; font-weight: 700; background-color: #ff8c3f; cursor: pointer;}
.rm_button {
box-shadow: 0 8px 16px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19);
}
.rm_button:hover {
box-shadow: 0 12px 16px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.24), 0 17px 50px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19);
}

and nothing changed, please explain how I can get a nice button again instead of the horid button (even after editing it) that CFM makes. It looks like something from the year 2000.
Surprised me that you would add so many customisations but not anything that makes a difference like radius on the button, elses it's just a coloured ugle square button, am I being to harsh? sorry :)

Thanks

P.S. sorry I bagged the CFM plugin a bit but in truth I like it, just the button bit is annoying but it's most likely my fault. If your thinking on a plugin.... then give this a try, especially if having trouble with finding a plugin that will work hand in hand with zendesk where other plugins sent emails with " wordpress@ " in front of the domain name as the "from" which of course meant the auto responder triggers in zendesk would not work. 7 hours and 8 plugins later I tried CFM and it fixed it straight out of the gate.

Just adding this so others who do a search for the same zendesk wp plugin issue may find it in google as I could find no explanation for what was causing it or how to fix it and zendesks wp plugin is painful to use and try and set up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Improve the look of the form button

Hi, Sam!

Thank you for posting about this issue!

If I understood you correctly, you were able to find the cause of the styling problem of buttons. Is this correct? If you are still having trouble applying styles to the button from Form Maker Themes, please post the link to your form page.

We will have a look and suggest a solution as soon as possible.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

sam replied the topic: Improve the look of the form button

Thanks for the quick reply, please just tell me why the custom code I posted doesn't work when I put it in the custom css box.
At the very least the custom css to create radius on the submit button. For legal reasons I dont want to share the page url here.
By the way in the process of trying to find out how to get it to work I uncovered at least two bugs in the software. One related to the size of the text within the buttons where the size field for the submit button does nothing but the size field of the font for the reset button changes both the reset and the submit button font size. Can't remember in detail how to get to the other bugs.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Improve the look of the form button

Hey, Sam!

The CSS code might not apply because of another hierarchically higher CSS code, which overwrites the styles. You can send the link to your form page to us directly, using this form, if you like. Please mention the link to this forum topic also.

As for the second problem, I have notified our development team about this bug. They will check this and if the issue turns out to be a bug, they will fix it in upcoming updates.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds