Using Paypal without entering the password

Robert Roßkopf created the topic: Using Paypal without entering the password

I don't feel comfortable with leaving my unprotected and unobfuscated Paypal password within the Wordpress or plugin's backend. This is only to save the administrator from integrating the Paypal's API link, which is indeed not so complicated.
Is there a way to use the WD's ecommerce Paypal functions with a direct enter of the API data served by Paypal's service pages? Or is it at least possible for asterisking the entered Paypal password within the WD's backend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Using Paypal without entering the password

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your post. We will be happy to help you out!

1. Please note that you can use PayPal standard payment way, as there is no necessity to fill the password.
2. But if you prefer the Express Payment pay anyway (please note that the password visible only for the admin) then we can customize it for you as it does not show anymore.

Thanks and have a good day!

Robert Roßkopf replied the topic: Using Paypal without entering the password

Hello Anoush,

yes, I knew about the standard way, as it is available within the regular shop function. But within the Photo Gallery Ecommerce there's only:

• Without online payment
  • PayPal (though not labelled "Express" it still requires a password
  • Stripe

How can I use the regular (aka standard) PayPal payment without having to enter a unobfuscated password?

Best regards
-Robert.

Anoush replied the topic: Using Paypal without entering the password

Hi Robert,

Please note that Photo Gallery Ecommerce has the following payment methods.

Without Online Payment: This payment can be used whenever you want the user to pay for the item upon delivery. You can activate it Publishing the option.

PayPal Express Checkout: PayPal Express Checkout payment method will redirect your users to PayPal website, where they can fill in their PayPal details to purchase the item. PayPal also allows the users to make a payment without an account using credit/debit cards.

Checkout Mode: Select PayPal mode Sandbox for testing and Production for live mode.

Please note that all information is kept at your website and it is not accessible to any third party.

If you have lots of users and if you want to keep the information from them, then we can customize asterisking the entered Paypal password for you.

Thanks and have a great day!

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds