Format text fields when viewing submissions

Lee created the topic: Format text fields when viewing submissions

Hi All,

I have two text fields on a form. The field size is defined as 400 X 100 in both cases. When entering data into the form the text wraps as expected when reaching the right edge of the text field.

When I create a public front end submission view the two fields above do not wrap the text and displays each field as one long line of text. Please view ( www.floridahomeownersunite.com/reformsubmissions/ ) to see what I mean. What I am after is to be able to view the fields on the submission screen the same way as when the data was entered. In other words the dimension of the field should constrain the view as well as the input.

Obviously carriage returns or new line code is required to display the fields in a multi-line format but I find no way to accomplish this. Does anyone know of a way to format the field data prior to display? I would think the best way would be to have an option to enter this code during the data entry process and I find no place to do this either.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Format text fields when viewing submissions

Hi Lee!

Thanks for letting us know about this problem!
I have asked our development team to take a look at this. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Lee!

Our development team were not able to edit the plugin files, so they have forwarded a file, which needs to be replaced on /form-maker/frontend/views directory.

You can download the file from the following Google Drive link: goo.gl/gOQ0ac

Could you please upload it to /form-maker/frontend/views, replacing the current version of the same file (FMViewForm_submissions.php)?

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Lee replied the topic: Format text fields when viewing submissions

Sadly, I am totally lost.

Neither the folder (/form-maker/frontend/views) or the file (FMViewForm_submissions.php) exists in the entire domain folder where I have Form Maker installed. I do use Joomla and not Wordpress if that makes a difference.

I have downloaded the file but have no idea where to upload it.

Thanks

Lee

Hey Lee!

Sorry for the confusion!
In that case, may we check the problem from admin area of your website? Please send the login information using the contact form on this page. Our development team will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Also make sure to include the link to this forum topic in your message.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Lee!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has resolved the problem on your website. They have added the following CSS code to /components/com_formmaker/views/submissions/tmpl/style.css file:

.submissions pre {
    white-space: normal !important;
}

Unfortunately they cannot assign a fixed height, since this will affect the rest of the submission cells also. Could you please have a look? Let me know in case there's anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds