Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

Annan Mig created the topic: Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

Would it be possible to upload images in subfolders of wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery. I would like to create such a subfolder for each gallery. That would make image maintenance a lot easier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

Hello Annan!

Please note, that you can create subfolders using Photo Gallery file manager. Simply click on the small folder icon and provide a title for it.

You will then be able to move your images to those subdirectories.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annan Mig, Pawel

Annan Mig replied the topic: Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

Brilliant! Didn't notice that icon. This makes administrating galleries much easier.
By the way: compliments for your helpdesk. You answers come very swift, you're being very polite, and the answer are very helpful.

That's awesome Annan, we are glad this option in the uploader is useful for you!

And thank you so much for your compliment, we try our best to provide excellent support service. Please feel free to let us know any time you have other questions or support requests. We'll be happy to assist!

Could I ask you to kindly post your feedback about Photo Gallery on WordPress.org, sharing your personal experience with the product and our service? Our team would greatly appreciate that.

Here's the plugin page link: wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/photo-gallery

We'd love to hear from you.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dolores Wiens replied the topic: Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

I'm totally new generally to WP and specifically to Photo Gallery. I want to create subfolders in my galleries. I read the information you gave Annon Mig but I don't know where to find the photo gallery folder with its folder icon. Thanks in advance for pointing this out to me.

Hello Dolores!

Thank you for your question!

I am guessing you'd like to have albums on published galleries. Annon's question was about organizing images into folders in Photo Gallery's file manager. So here's what you need to do to have subfolders on your galleries. Photo Gallery calls them albums, but they are theoretically the same thing.

1. Create the galleries from Add Galleries/Images page.
2. Navigate to Albums page, create a new album and press Add Galleries button to insert your galleries into the album.
3. Afterwards add your album to a page using the shortcode toolbox of Photo Gallery. Make sure to select an album view, e.g. Compact or Extended Album. Select the album and click Insert.

Let me know in case there's anything else I can assist you with.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Pawel replied the topic: Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

Hello.
Could you add transliteration for the name of created folder?
If I use some of my mother language signs (like: ąęćńżźół) the name of folder is wrong and pictures are not displayed.

PS. The current rule allows for the directory name also for the characters: [email protected]^

PS2. I use this plugin in WP

Hello, Pawel!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. This should not be happening in Photo Gallery, may we check the problem as a temporary WordPress administrator of your site? Please send the login information using the contact form on this page.

Make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message. Our developers will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Pawel replied the topic: Subfolder by gallery in photo-gallery folder

I'm afraid I can not give access because (and fortunately) it's a test site on a local server (XAMPP).

But... here is what I've found.
If you put char in Photo Gallery "Add images" window -> "Make a directory" you'll get char on disk like below...

char -give- on disk

ę      -      Ä™
 ó      -      Ăł
 ą      -      Ä…
 ś      -      Ĺ›
 ł      -      Ĺ‚
 ż      -      ĹĽ
 ź      -      Ĺş
 ć      -      ć
 ń      -      Ĺ„
 @      -      @
 ^      -      ^

If you could add this chars into transliteration rules, creating of folders would be more safety.

I use version: 1.3.45 of Photo Gallery.

Best wishes :)

Attachments:

Hello, Pawel!

I spoke to our development team regarding this, turns out, that the characters are not allowed. They are discussing the possibilities either to fix this problem or add an error message, which would indicate the mistake.

This will be added to one of the next few updates of Photo Gallery plugin.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pawel

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds