Drop down pre populates

Jon mortimer created the topic: Drop down pre populates

Hi, I have not purchased this because I have a specific need and I'm not sure if this form maker can do what I need. I currently manage a website of charitable organizations. With my site each charity has its own article (the title being the name of the charity). Is there any way to create a drop down box that populates with a list of those article names, perhaps by category and whether they are published or not?

There are well over 500 charities with changes everyday so I don't want to have to edit the form(s) every time there is a charity change, if possible. I currently can do this with php because the charities are contained in a DB but thinking about changing to articles rather than custom DB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Drop down pre populates

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your inquiry.

If I have understood you correctly, we have the wanted option.

You can create a select box field and can choose the option Select options from database, write appropriate settings and it'll automatically connect the select fields content to your database.

If you are not sure about the steps, please take a few minutes and read our user manual at goo.gl/urG8X8

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!
Attachments:

Jon mortimer replied the topic: Drop down pre populates

This worked perfectly. I had to figure out where the article information was in the database but that was simple enough. Very good to know.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Drop down pre populates

Dear Jon,

That's fantastic! We are glad you've been able to achieve the necessary functionality for you. Please don't hesitate to drop us a line, in case you have further questions.

We'll be happy to assist you!

Let me kindly ask you to post your feedback about Form Maker on WordPress.org. Our team would be greatly thankful, if you could share your personal experience with the product and our service.

Here's the link to the plugin page: wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/form-maker

We'd love to hear from you.
Many thanks in advance!

Have a beautiful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Darcy Bell replied the topic: Drop down pre populates

Is it possible to upload a list of options to the database? I read the user manual but am not really clear on this. I don't understand where to find these tables?

Jon mortimer replied the topic: Drop down pre populates

I'm assuming that you are looking for something specific within JOOMLA and where it exists in a database? No, I'm not aware of there being an uploadable list but if you tell me what you are looking for I may be able to tell you where to find it. For example, Articles are found in the "content" table within YOUR database.

Dear Darcy,

Could you please let us know what you are trying to achieve with the upload? Also please describe what you mean by uploading options to database. Do you mean the MySQL database of your website, or the submissions area?

And Jon, thank you so much for your notes, but I believe Darcy is using Form Maker for WordPress.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Darcy Bell replied the topic: Drop down pre populates

I actually use form maker on both WordPress and Joomla sites, but in this instance it is for a WordPress site. I want to be able to put a drop down list for "industry" - as in what industry a client is in. It could potentially be a long list and I thought it would be easier to upload the list in a test or csv file.
I don't actually need this yet - it is for a form we would like to put in (but have not yet) so it is a bit of a hypothetical at the moment. Thought it would be easier to inquire now rather than when dealing with it.

Dear Darcy,

Hope you had an amazing weekend!

The easiest way to do this would be to have the options list CSV file imported to the database. And then you will be able to use Select Options from database option, where you can get the items to be listed in your field options.

Please try this and let me know if it works for you.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds