Image zoom on hover function

John created the topic: Image zoom on hover function

Hello,

I'm trying to make a simple gallery as a work-around for a wordpress site.

The plugin is working great, there are just a few key things I'm having problems with.

1. How can I disable the zoom feature that zooms in slightly on the thumbnail when the mouse hovers over it?

2. When I try to make an Image gallery, a white png image has a weird off-white cover to it (see screenshot). How can I display JUST the original image, hopefully a png, so a white background is 100% white?

3. When I upload pictures for a new album, is this uploading a new duplicate file, if the image is already in the Media folder for my WP site? Or can I select an image from the Media uploaded in WP, or do we have to upload an entirely new image each time for folders? This is secondary, just to make it faster.

Basically, I'm trying to have a different thumbnail image on the Home page in a Projects gallery (run by the theme). It only can show the Featured image. So I want to have the thumbnail image be the Featured image for the project (saved as a Post in a 'portfolio' category on the left WP admin bar), but when you click into the project, have a different main image on the top. The Featured image for the project site itself (normal Image kind of post) was perfect. So I'm basically trying to duplicate having a simple Featured image on a post - but by inserting an image into the content section, so I can have the real Featured image be the one for the thumbnail. Just trying to have 2 different pictures, one for the projects gallery thumbnail view on other pages, and one when you click into the actual project.

Thanks so much! Feel free if I can provide anything further.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Image zoom on hover function

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiries, let me answer to your questions one by one.

1. To remove the zoom effect on hover, please enter Photo gallery > themes > select your theme > thumbnails>find the option Hover effect value and chnage the value to 1.

2. Can you please write for which layout you want this: light-box, thumbnail, etc? However for any of our layout we have background color option in themes section, so you can easily change it from there.

3. Please feel free to upload images from Media Library, no issue.

Your last inquiry I couldn't understand well enough. If you could provide me a link, I'd better understand what you mean.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

John replied the topic: Image zoom on hover function

Hi Zhanna,

Thanks so much. I think those answer all of the questions. I posted it accidentally in Joomla, but it is about Photo Gallery, also. Does this change anything from your instructions?

Sorry it was confusing. I just wanted to explain the main issue I'm trying to resolve. I'll try to explain better here. It's just to let you know what's going on, in case you had other advice for how to fix the bigger issue. Feel free to disregard if you like though.

I have a page that has two projects. Each page is saved as a Post, which allows the Featured image in WP. My theme has a project gallery function, where I have thumbnails displayed on the homepage. These are automatically set to the Featured image. I want to have a different image though, for these thumbnails. So the whole reason to put a gallery is actually to duplicate the Featured image on the actual project page. I have the intended thumbnail image set as the Featured image, and then just inserted the main, big project image into the content section (as a gallery). This works OK but it'd be great if there was a real fix ... it seems simple to do!

Thanks so much for your help.

John

John replied the topic: Image zoom on hover function

Editing themes is entirely disabled in the free version. Is there any other way to edit these in the trial version?

Thanks again,

John

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Image zoom on hover function

Hi John,

Yes, themes are disabled in the free version, so you need to upgrade for being able to make editing.

As for your 3-rd point I'm still lost and can't get you, please provide me a link where I can see your issue.

If you could also show a sample of what you want to achieve that would be great.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Adam009 replied the topic: Image zoom on hover function

John wrote: Hello,

I'm trying to make a simple gallery as a work-around for a wordpress site.

The plugin is working great, there are just a few key things I'm having problems with image-zoom.info/

1. How can I disable the zoom feature that zooms in slightly on the thumbnail when the mouse hovers over it?

2. When I try to make an Image gallery, a white png image has a weird off-white cover to it (see screenshot). How can I display JUST the original image, hopefully a png, so a white background is 100% white?

3. When I upload pictures for a new album, is this uploading a new duplicate file, if the image is already in the Media folder for my WP site? Or can I select an image from the Media uploaded in WP, or do we have to upload an entirely new image each time for folders? This is secondary, just to make it faster.

Basically, I'm trying to have a different thumbnail image on the Home page in a Projects gallery (run by the theme). It only can show the Featured image. So I want to have the thumbnail image be the Featured image for the project (saved as a Post in a 'portfolio' category on the left WP admin bar), but when you click into the project, have a different main image on the top. The Featured image for the project site itself (normal Image kind of post) was perfect. So I'm basically trying to duplicate having a simple Featured image on a post - but by inserting an image into the content section, so I can have the real Featured image be the one for the thumbnail. Just trying to have 2 different pictures, one for the projects gallery thumbnail view on other pages, and one when you click into the actual project.

Thanks so much! Feel free if I can provide anything further.

I'm using the extension chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple...afnfknnhbpaibfkaecmn

Anoush replied the topic: Image zoom on hover function

Dear Adam,

Could you please let us know what it is and how does the extension link help to this topic?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds