Shortcodes for different galleries

Yulia Pavlova created the topic: Shortcodes for different galleries

Hello,
Let me say I want to have several pages with different galleries. I want galleries to look exactly the same, the only difference is going to be the photos themselves (so only the "Gallery" parameter needs to be changed). I use Elementor, so I want to use shortcodes in WD Gallery.
Let me say I've created my first gallery and generated a shortcode for it. Tested it, it looks good. Then I want to create another shortcode for another page. I'm importing my existing shortcode, changing the gallery and click "Generate". The expectation is to get a shortcode with another ID, however the ID is the same and that action actually changes my first gallery (now different photos are shown in my first gallery).
Is that expected behavior? If positive, what is the right way to generate multiple shortcodes for different galleries? I understand that I can configure galleries each time from scratch, but that's just not convenient to tweak each parameter again and again for each new gallery.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Shortcodes for different galleries

Hi Yulia,

Thanks for using WebDorado products!

So when you going to change the Gallery also the parameters and Generate the shortcode you get the same generated code? Is it?

Please note that when the Gallery and parameters are changed the shortcode should be changed, otherwise it is not possible to published different galleries and albums.

Thanks! Have a nice day!

Yulia Pavlova replied the topic: Shortcodes for different galleries

Hi Anoush,
It's not exactly the same code, but id is the same; gal_title is being changed.
E.g. if I have 2 galleries named "Maternity" and "NewBorn", and the first generated shortcode looks like this:

[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id="56" gal_title="Maternity"]
, then when I import that shortcode, change the gallery name and click "Generate", it generates
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id="56" gal_title="NewBorn"]
. You can see: id is the same, which is not expected.
If you cannot reproduce that, I can try recording a short video with this behavior later today.
Let me know if you need more information about environment / setup.
Thanks!

Yulia Pavlova replied the topic: Shortcodes for different galleries

Hello, I have no idea how this topic ended up being under Joomla thread. It should have been created under WordPress product. Please move it there. The plug-in is Photo Gallery.

Anoush replied the topic: Shortcodes for different galleries

Dear Yulia,

Please note that it is not possible to post under the WordPress thread!

For every new shortcode generating you need to remove the generated code > refresh the page and then start to changes the parameters.

If you require any further information, let me know. Thanks! Have a good weekend!

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds