eCommerce BUY option not showing

Kelli Jae Baeli created the topic: eCommerce BUY option not showing

IN final stages of getting my site ready to go. i tried to test the eCommerce by buying a photo, but when i got to the view cart page, it gave me no option for buying. i have my settings on SANDBOX with paypal. refer to the screenshot.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: eccomerce BUY option not showing

Hi, Kelli!

Thank you for posting about this!

Could you please check the screenshot bellow? The button that lets users purchase the items is Without Online Payment on your ecommerce gallery. Does the problem occur when you select PayPal to show?

Thanks! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Kelli Jae Baeli replied the topic: eccomerce BUY option not showing

okay, i got that to show up, but why "without online payment"? that's awfully confusing for a customer--it's confusing for me. Shouldn't it just say BUY or PURCHASE? That "without online payment" makes it sound as though they can't pay online.

I also never received an email as the purchaser (when i tested in sandbox) and no way to download the items i "purchased" in test mode. I did receive a notification as seller, that someone had purchased. but certainly need to have that purchased item show immediately for download when a customer buys.

okay in the settings i did see i could change the "without online payment" to BUY. was that my test setting phrasing?

Kelli Jae Baeli wrote: I also never received an email as the purchaser (when i tested in sandbox) and no way to download the items i "purchased" in test mode. I did receive a notification as seller, that someone had purchased. but certainly need to have that purchased item show immediately for download when a customer buys.

I fiddled with this, and seems maybe the notice went to some default admin email, which is why id din't receive it. i did a transaction again, and put in a proper email, and got the notice fine.
BUT THERE IS ANOTHER ISSUE> still, there is no place to actually download the picture purchased, and no link in the email for that. the link i click to see the confirmation took me to that last website page where purchase was made, but no place there to download the purchase either.

Attachments:

Hi, Kelli!

We are glad some of your questions were sorted out! Regarding the purchased images, please note, that users can download all the photos they purchased from Photo Gallery Ecommerce > Orders page.

Admins see all orders, whereas each user sees theirs. Could you please have a look at it? Let me know in case you have questions.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

thank you - now, how are customers to know that? after they make a purchase, shouldn't they be able to see immediately where to download what they bought? do i need to put a special link somewhere? do they see the orders page link, while i cannot? I need to know what they see and I need them to see where to download the purchase. As always, thanks for any help/clarity.

Hi, Kelli!

The link should be added to the email to buyer automatically. As it is indicated in one of your screenshots, the link is placed after "To review your order, please go to" message.

Could you please test it and see if it redirects the users to correct destination?
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Again, The confirming email does not include a direct link to the download page for the photo purchased. as i said previously, all i see is the thank you, the review your order--and the review is not a downloadable picture.. If this is all the customer sees, there is no way for them to find the photo they purchased in order to download it.

Attachments:

Hi, Kelli!

It is not a direct download link, but it should take the user to the page where their orders are listed. They can download the images from Photo Gallery Ecommerce > Orders page.

Unfortunately, the direct download link is not included automatically. However, the feature you wish to have would be a great addition to the product. So could you please add your suggestion to our Submit Your Idea page?

Our development team will consider working on this for further updates.
Thanks in advance! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

i will make the suggestion, but unfortunately, i still have the problem to solve--how do i get my customer to the page to download what they purchased? do i just include directions in the email that they must go to that orders page to find their photo? i assume that's in the email setup options?? more importantly, WHAT IS THE LINK I GIVE THEM (in auto-email or otherwise) for this orders page?

Hey, Kelli!

Seems like there is a bug, the link to orders page, where the user can download the image is missing from the email to user. It is present in the admin email, however.

We will fix this on your website and update the add-on also. I'll let you know when our developers finish checking the issue.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello, Kelli!

I am happy to inform you, that we have figured out the problem! It wasn't a bug, but rather the value of Item longest dimension in your price list settings was set to 0. I have changed it to 2000 pixels.

Now, when a logged in user purchases an image, they will receive a link to the page, where the download button will be. Please note, that the users need to be logged in since each one of them receives the link to the orders they made on their account.

Let me know in case you have questions.
Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thanks for your help. Now, that creates another question--there is no log in option on the site. do you know where i set that up? is this the only way for them to get a download link? i'm afraid not everyone will want to log in, but if there's no way around that, then i need to know how to set up a way for customers to log in. is that separate from the eCommerce settings?

Hey, Kelli!

Sorry, my mistake, it is actually possible to purchase without having to log in. I created a video for you, where I purchased an image as a non-logged in user. Afterwards I have approved my payment as an admin, using your admin account.

Then, I could access the image to download. However, as you can see in the video, there was an error in the end, which is a different problem. Our development team is currently having a look at that.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Okay, thank you for taking the time to do all that and i await words about the glitch at the end...i do have one question--when you selected CONFIRM in the drop down menu---is that something i will have to do each time someone makes a purchase? if so, is there a way to automate this? I don't want customers to wait for me to do that each time. Thanks again. You've always been so helpful.

Hey, Kelli!

Unfortunately, there are no options to set the status as Confirmed automatically. But we can make a small customization for you if you'd like, and have the option initially set to Confirmed.

Let me know if you want us to make the changes, and we'll work on this as soon as possible.
Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello, Kelli!

We have forwarded you an email, where the link redirects to a page, where users can download the purchased image. Just please make sure the Status of the order is Completed and there is a size set for Item longest dimension option in Price list settings.

Could you please have a look?
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.947 seconds