storing photo archives/growth of site

Kelli Jae Baeli created the topic: storing photo archives/growth of site

I'm anticipating the growth of my stock photo site, and i wonder if there's a way to store photos economically at another location, when they begin to top out my host's storage space. Also of course, i want it to integrate into the ecommerce aspect without a problem in payments and such. This is a relatively new area for me, and hard to find details on. Anyone know a way to deal with this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: storing photo archives/growth of site

Hello Kelli!

Thanks for your question!

Our development team is planning on creating cloud storage options for Photo Gallery plugin. You will be able to store the images on a server different from your website hosting.

Unfortunately, we are not sure when will this version be released. Hopefully it will be available by the time you have a lot of information stored on your web hosting.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelli Jae Baeli

Kelli Jae Baeli replied the topic: storing photo archives/growth of site

thanks. that's great to know. I just switched hosts (SO unhappy with my last one)...and my site is currently in the process of migration. The new host swears i have unlimited storage, but my understanding is that's hardly ever the case. so good to know i might have another storage area with you. thank you!

Agapi G. replied the topic: storing photo archives/growth of site

Hey Kelli!

The host can have unlimited hosting, but it just might slow down a little. Although it depends which hosting provider you use, some of them are very speedy (e.g. Amazon Web Services), regardless of the storage used.

But we will have this option in any case.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds