ecommerce options not appearing

Kelli Jae Baeli created the topic: ecommerce options not appearing

Testing the ecommerce on my developing site.....when i click on a photo in a gallery, it does not take me to the lightbox with the checkout fields. I've seen this on another picture, but since can't find it--that's why i thought it was working. But now, it's not appearing. I have updated the corresponding page with the shortcode, and IN the panel (whatever it's called--the one that comes up when you click on the GALLERY icon in an edit page or when generating a shortcode)--in that panel, I have selected both IMAGE CLICK ACTION: OPEN IN LIGHTBOX and ENABLE ECOMMERCE. Still, i don't get the checkout page. What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: ecommerce options not appearing

Hey Kelli!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I noticed the problem, seems like the lightbox doesn't work at all. I have asked our developers to take a look. They will provide a solution soon.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelli Jae Baeli

Kelli Jae Baeli replied the topic: ecommerce options not appearing

yes, thank you. i also posted about images not opening in lightbox, specifically.

Hi Kelli!

Thank you for re-posting about the problem!
I should hear from our developers soon enough. I'll let you know when they finish working on the lightbox issue.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hey Kelli!

Our development team has checked the problem with Photo Gallery lightbox. Let me describe what's happening with it.

Your website theme is including Javascript files for Nivo Slider only on the homepage, so the slider would run. But the slider function is called on each page regardless of the fact, that the necessary file is missing.

An error is thrown on these pages as a result, and Photo Gallery lightbox doesn't function because of this.

Could you please contact the support team of your website theme, and ask them to take a look at this? They can add a couple of conditions and the problem will be resolved.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

thank you. i have notified the theme folks (Photolite). Hopefully they'll get this corrected.

Hey Kelli!

That's wonderful! Hopefully they will implement a solution soon.
Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Not so wonderful--i can't get them to respond. With that in mind, is there a free theme you would recommend that works well with Photo Gallery and eCommerce? I went through about 25 of them, to find the Photolite one i liked, but as you can see, that's a problem, as they won't respond. I tried buying a theme, but then, you don't get to test them out, and if they don't work, you have to worry about the money you spent. I had trouble getting a refund from one that didn't work right. So--that's why i'm looking for free themes that might work. I didn't want a boring one, as most seem to be. the Photolite one was really nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ADDENDUM: part of the problem is finding one that allows custom menus or at least a sidebar menus, since my site is a stock site and i need menus to expand down. they won't fit in a bar across the top.

Hey Kelli!

Here's what we can offer you instead. We can try to resolve the problem in the theme, I'm not sure if the development team can find the correct file and code to change, but they will try.

However, we need temporary FTP credentials to access theme files. This will also quicken the process of fixing the issue. Could you please send the FTP information to us through this form? Also please mention the link to this forum thread in your message.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you! I have sent the information via the form link you provided. Look forward to hearing back from you. :)

Hey Kelli!

Thank you so much for sending temporary FTP access!
Unfortunately we are not yet able to connect to your website. Seems like the credentials are incorrect, since we are getting the following error:

Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Can you please check the credentials you have sent us?

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

sent new info using form mentioned above in your post

Hey Kelli!

Thank you so much for sending the FTP access, it worked perfectly!
I will forward it to our development team now, so they can work on the problem.

Cheers!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

thank you!!

Hey Kelli!

Unfortunately we are not able to access your website frontend anymore. A PHP file is downloading, when we open it. Could you please check this with your hosting provider? They can install the latest backup, and the problem will be solved.

Please let me know when they make these changes.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Here's what they said:
"I'm unable to see any issue or file downloading on your domain kellijaebaeli.com.
I can see website loading fine at: kellijaebaeli.com
Could you please test the same at your end?
Are you facing this issue?
Please ask that person to try again."

Hey Kelli!

Your website does open properly, and we can access it through FTP. However, the website, where the problem with lightbox is, does not. If you click on this link, which is one of your galleries:

2dollarshots.kellijaebaeli.com/critters/

you will notice the issue. Please forward this one to your hosting provider.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Okay. the problem seemed to be that my subdomain was not accessible. I couldn't load any of the pages in the subdomain. I asked them to look at it, and they said they corrected it. I tried and was able to load the subdomain, so give it another go, yes? thank you.

Hey Kelli!

That's right, it is working perfectly! I have asked our development team to continue fixing the problem.
I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Kelli!

I am happy to inform you, that our development team has fixed the problem with Nivo Slider. This resolved the problem with your Photo Gallery lightbox accordingly. Could you please take a look?

Let me know in case there's anything else we can assist you with.
Thanks! Have a fun Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Agapi G--seems to be workig great now! THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is the best customer service i've ever received from an online source! I will be singing your praises o social media. Thank you.

Hello Kelli!

You are most welcome! Our team is always happy to help. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you will need further assistance.

Could I ask you to share your rating for Photo Gallery on WordPress.org? We really appreciate your thoughts about the quality of the plugin, as well as suggestions on improving our customer support service.

Let me provide you the link: wordpress.org/support/plugin/photo-gallery/reviews/
Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

oopsy! i need that further assistance :)
Everything seemed to be working because i checked the ecommerce stuff and it was working. But i just noticed that my landing/index/home page has a problem since your gurus fixed the other thing. The main slider at the top is now missing, and the homepage boxes are covering the top menu on that page. Refer to the pic--I think i uploaded a pic of the slider in the earlier thread. I'll try to find it. But please, can you look at it? is that just a tweak to what you did? Or can i not use the slider at all?

Attachments:

Addendum: if you guys have a theme that will let me have a slider and featured boxes with a side, nested category menu that will work with the photo gallery and ecommerce, I'll consider that too. I just went through about 30 themes to find this one, and even bought one that was glitchy and had to fight to get my money back. that's why i've been using free themes. Open to suggestion, f this can't be put back the way it was without interference on the ecommerce aspects.

Hey Kelli!

We do have a few themes, but we are not sure if any of them look like your current website template. However, let me give you the link to our themes demo page, perhaps you will find one of them close to yours:

themedemo.web-dorado.com/

But in any case, I have asked our development team to try and fix the problem with your website landing page. Hopefully they can figure out a solution soon.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.657 seconds