Gallery list includes photos from other galleries

Kelli Jae Baeli created the topic: Gallery list includes photos from other galleries

When I create a gallery and upload/add the images, they appear in the list below, but I've noticed, the list includes other photos from other galleries. I have to go through quite a few pages to pick out all the ones i just added. If i manage to get the most recently uploaded ones to show first--(usually by saving, and going back into the gallery i created). I still have to select each individual photo to apply tags, rather than being able to use the SELECT ALL option to tag multiple photos with the same tag... This makes tagging very tedious and difficult, and also time-consuming. Is there a way to list ONLY the photos i upload in the gallery i'm working on? (I attach an image to illustrate)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kelli Jae Baeli replied the topic: Gallery list includes photos from other galleries

NOTE: i did just discover that if i select the order column and sort that to the last photos first, it gives all my current gallery images FIRST int he list, but i still have to select each photo individually to apply global tags. so not a complete solution, but this at least spares me from scrolling through 47 pages or so of all the other photos in order to find the ones that go in that gallery.

BUT THEN----i never can be sure i've tagged all the photos for that gallery, unless i scroll through the whole thing to check. Very cumbersome. Not to mention i have to select that order column and resort and tag for EACH page.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Gallery list includes photos from other galleries

Hello Kelli!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. The gallery you are working on should not include images from other galleries. Could we please take a look at this as a temporary WordPress administrator of your website? You can send the login information using this form.

Also make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your message. Our development team will check the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

As for bulk adding tags, I have wrote a suggestion to our development tasklist. Hopefully our developers will consider working on this for Photo Gallery updates of near future.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelli Jae Baeli

Kelli Jae Baeli replied the topic: Gallery list includes photos from other galleries

information sent via the form you suggested. Thank you.

Hey Kelli!

Thank you for sending the access information!

Could you please let me know which gallery in particular has this issue? Please note, that we created a gallery titled test, and added images from different directories, saved, then added again a couple of times. But the images were listed correctly.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

well i'm not sure, then. sometimes it works fine, and others it doesn't. one example is the gallery WATERSCAPES. If you look at it in the create gallery window, it's fine for a few pages, and then there are photos from other categories that don't belong. Maybe these are galleries that i created got screwed up in the beginning and they have leftovers? I did check the gallery number in the shortcode against the code in the corresponding page (of WATERSCAPES), and then updated that to be the same as one for the page, which did display the right pictures, but that update didn't seem to remove all those other pictures that go on for 47 pages (in the edit gallery screen). So not exactly sure....

Hello Kelli!

We tried to replicate the problem with Waterscapes gallery, but couldn't succeed. Could you please let us know if you see this issue again? Please describe the steps you take, after which you notice the problem. If you could capture it with a short screen video, that would be amazing.

You can use this free tool to record the video: screencast-o-matic.com/screen_recorder
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

is there a quick easy way to upload that video here? or do i have to store it somewhere and get a link to post?
here. i just uploaded it to media in my wordpress.
okay. i used the video button on the above bar here, and pasted in the link to the video, saved, and it doesn't seem to be appearing here.
i'll paste the link here: 2dollarshots.kellijaebaeli.com/wp-conten...ryshowswrongpics.mp4

Hi Kelli!

We are not sure if this could be the reason you are facing this problem, but could you please delete gallery shortcode from the gallery description editor box? I am posting a screenshot below.

Afterwards please delete the unnecessary photos and save the gallery. This will most probably resolve the problem.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds